Natur, Rebooted Master of Nature

A long time before Toa Araun was realised, this fellow was my self-MOC: Toa Natur, Toa of Nature! Although I suppose these days he’d be the Master of Nature, wouldn’t he? :wink:
Natur was the star of two series I ran on YouTube back in 2008 - one on my first channel titled Toa Natur VS Makuta Pharex (which is still online, embarrassingly), and another series on my current channel which I regrettably deleted. Natur didn’t have much of a character past being a bit cocky.

This rebooted version of Natur not only uses parts from an XSZ Iron Man figure, but also has its own custom gearbox! I’m not sure what to name this one yet, though.

35 Likes

Are those bootleg pieces…
#TRAITOR!!!

That aside this is a really neat moc and props to using bootleg pieces to good affect.

10 Likes

Thanks! I use bootleg pieces quite often - I only go for the best, though :wink:

6 Likes

I’ve seen a few of your mocs that use them and they are brilliant

2 Likes

Very, very good.

1 Like

Where did you get the bootleg pieces?

1 Like

This MOC makes want more recolours.

I really like this MOC, good job.

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

AliExpress.

1 Like

oh gawd the grievous
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/66pcs-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=searchweb201556_10,searchweb201602_5_10017_10005_10006_10034_10021_507_10022_508_10020_9914_10018_10019,searchweb201603_1&btsid=2022e260-244d-4e79-825f-3278da6ecb72
well at least they have boba fett

Simple, but nice! The gearbox is very well-constructed and not all all noticeable, which is what I assume you were going for. The color scheme is also great–I never thought about how well dark red and lime green actually go together.

Man, I am envious of those bootlegs–it’d be great to have more color variety in my collection, but I’m probably too paranoid to actually go for any of them.

Nice work!

1 Like

I really like the way you designed that torso.

1 Like

The torso is excellent for any Master moc with a g1 mask.

1 Like

Well the name and the armoring are pretty bland, but it is a very solid figure, and goes together well.

1 Like

I’ll be entirely honest. I cut Lego parts. I paint Lego parts. But something bugs me about bootleg parts combined with regular parts.

of what quality are those bootleg sets?

1 Like

I dub thee the Heretical MOCist.

2 Likes

I like the colour scheme

1 Like

My god your G2 MOCs are so amazing.

1 Like

This a really nice MOC! It has a simple, but effective build with lots of solid points. The gearbox and head connection are stellar and well thought out. The color scheme is different from the norm, but works very well, with a nice strike of lime green to go with a darker maroon red. It’s also nice not to see any metallics, because it’s been a long time since I’ve seen many MOCs without.

1 Like

Colour scheme is interesting, going to take a while to grow on me. Not so sure about the }

Iron Man chest piece, looks too recognisable for me to really value it as anything else, even though its a bootleg piece. Toa Araun is affected by this also to a slightly lesser extent.

Custom Gearbox is nice though :3

1 Like