Need Stud.io help on Socket

Hey guys, I’m having a hard time with Stud.io. The Metru Heads won’t connect with the socket parts and when I turn the Collision tool on, the entire Metru head becomes transparent. And I can’t even hinge the Metru Head.

How do I fix it?

2 Likes

Can you provide screencaps of the issue?

2 Likes

When the head turns transparent to indicate a collision, is it positioned near the socket or any other parts? Or is it just on its own?

Do you have an eyestalk in the head? If you do, and it’s not perfectly centred in the head, there could be a collision between the head and the eyestalk.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Tried your setup myself

Most likely the collision detection is being caused by the modeled raised rubber circle on the inside of the socket touching the ball of the Metru head. (circled in grey)

I don’t know about positioning though. All three axis seem to work fine on my end.

2 Likes

I can confirm that the socket extension piece has bad geometry, leading to inaccurate collisions with multiple parts.

I don’t think it’s the rubber bit, though; I’ve made versions of the part in PartDesigner with big holes cut out where the rubber should be, and it still collides.

3 Likes