NEW UPDATE 10/7/21 Icarax shapeshifted Great Mask Of Scavenging

(Update 10/7/21 So today the re shaped 2.0 version of the mask arrived! So I posted a photo to show you, once my grey background paper arrives from over the sea I’ll take better photos but here it is for now, please tell me what you think! ) This one is much closer to my artwork so I like it alot haha) I actually accomplished my goal and was able to actually get this design brought to life and was able to get a 3D model done and printed on Shapeways, So it is finally finished and Icarax now has a personalized Great Mask Of Scavenging! Hello everyone I would like your opinion on something I would like to see become a 3D printed design on Shapeways and that is a Shapeshifted Great Mask Of Scavenging for Icarax since we only see the Noble Matoran version that Vultraz wears. Here it is:

[/url [url=https://ibb.co/zXT5JdX]

sorry all I had was lined paper. Also if anyone has a Shapeways account and the capacity to put it into a 3D design and would like to use this design please be my guest, I would buy multiple. I can also provide more artwork for it and better paper with different angles and clearer lines, this was just a quick sketch, I can do better if need be. PM me if you have the ability to bring this into 3D for printing I will pay handsomely to bring this to life.

25 Likes

Very nice, totally want to see that happen. One question, where are the eyes? The vertical lines look like pupils at the moment.

2 Likes

I believe these are the eyes:

I can also totally see the giant bug eyes though.

@Powers0016

This is really cool. Is the top “crest” hollow/see-through?

2 Likes

According to BS01, both Vultraz and Icarax wear/wore the great mask of scavenging (unless I’m misinterpreting something).

Nonetheless, it’s a well designed and well drawn mask!
Here are some edits I did to see how it’d look in color. Definitely looks menacing!

I’m a novice 3D molder, so unfortunatley I can’t really help you there.

9 Likes

Yes you are correct where the eyes are, the front face plate sort of overlaps like a knight’s helmet just a little bit where the bridge of a nose would be. Do you mean the top horns crest area? If so then yes I did it similar to the Kraahkan where there are little portions that are open/see through. Oh and thank you! Matoran can wear powerless versions in the shape of the Great masks. Even though they did wear the same Great version, just like the other Makuta it would look different as most of them if not all change their masks physical appearance to either have teeth or just a different shape altogether.

1 Like

I have marginal blender skills, I can try to do something, but I don’t think i can do this justice.

1 Like

I’m looking for anyone with any experience, I was aware some time ago there were members on here that had actually done some work for Shapeways and stuff for their personal home 3D printing, but I’m not sure who specifically they are, the dimensions I’m after or that would be ideal are 3.52 x 1.93 x 4.95 cm you can increase the height/length obviously to include the horn section, but the base part without the horns I wanted at that height/length or maybe a little shorter if need be, what ever gets the shape overall without looking too large or tall. You are more than willing to give it a go if you would like.

1 Like

Galva_Nize (AKA Galva) and MaskMaker (AKA KhinK) are probably the two most talented and well known 3d mask modelers in the bionicle community. I don’t know if either of them take requests, but you could ask them if you want.

Thank you very much! I was actually able to get it done thanks to you! If you hadn’t suggested them I would never have been led to Shapeways to meet the person that ended up doing it. So thank you! Icarax now has his own shapeshifted version of the Great Mask Of Scavenging! If anyone wants to know where to get one just PM me.

1 Like

The mask looks great! It really suits Icarax well, and while I often see a lot of fan masks that look a bit strange, this one looks like it could’ve come right from of the LEGO design team. Nicely done!

2 Likes

Thank you for saying so! It’s actually interesting you mention that because that was my thought when it was all finished haha I thought it looked like it could have come out of the 2008 phantoka sets. Truly thank you!

Could we get more pictures of the mask? It’s hard to see with all the shadow

1 Like

well he is a makuta.

2 Likes

Yes I can definitely do that. Lol but yeah I was trying to go for the more Makuta aesthetic, but I can get some better lighting. Ok I added some photos with better lighting, I hope it helps! I also just uploaded a photo of a second version that was just completed today! I only have that one photo up top, the second photo is of the first version.

as someone who has voiced icarax in stop motion. i like.

2 Likes

Thank you! Update 9/23/21 my second version of the Great Mask Of Scavenging arrived this morning and uploaded 13 photos which you can see up top! When my grey background paper arrives I’ll take better photos but these will at least show you for now. Please let me know what you think! It’s much closer to my artwork so I really like it! Haha. I know it’s a little on the small side, it is now being re shaped so it’s not the final version but the shape will be the same.

quality moc m8

1 Like

Thank you! Update 10/7/21 the new resized version 2.0 mask is here! I uploaded a photo at the top to show everyone! It is much more proportionate compared to the first print. So it’s officially done finally! Let me know your thoughts!