Nexo Knights Ending?

Some Lego corporates just wanna watch the original IPs burn.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never had any particular feelings for Nexo Knights, but this is just a kind of what? It just seems so random.

1 Like

Because thats how businesses work, they just end

This man here has excellent opinions.

5 Likes

I say itā€™s hogwash.

4 Likes

They put in a lot of money, making a huge app game and TV show, doesnā€™t seem likely theyā€™d cancel, but to me it feels like the series is running out of steam, as most of the TV episodes, from what I understand, just involve a jester failing to beat some knights, and has no plot movement. Kinda like Bionicle G2ā€¦

1 Like

I also donā€™t think theyā€™ll cancel it.

It would not bode well if Lego went on a canceling spree.

Not good. Hereā€™s hoping for a better castle concept next summer.

2 Likes

Huw just posted an update to the article as its seems like the rumor is completely false

This is what he said:
ā€œUpdate: We now have it on very good authority that there is no truth to this rumour. My apologies for unnecessarily alarming you.ā€

4 Likes

good grief the theme will survive another year or so
Alot of rumor recently has stir the community around. While I still believe on some stuff like Lego Dimensions decay, popular site like Brickset need to stop reporting on these things unless itā€™s set listing.

2 Likes

Nexo Knights isnā€™t doing that good anyways so it still might end, maybe next year or something. The sets are kind of overpriced too. But my main concern is the lack of original themes from Lego, do they always have to come with a TV show or itā€™s not going to sell? I want Lego to do something away from the Medieval-Space-City formula, or at least another theme like Alienā€™s Conquest/Galaxy Squad. Or they could make up an entirely new concept like they did with Bionicle.

The rumor is false, but I certainly wouldnā€™t be opposed if it were true. I donā€™t like the theme at all. The sets of the first wave were okay, but the 2017 sets are abysmal.

And it seems Brickset needs to check what they report: they also had an article on the rumor of Lego Dimensions ending, which was also false.

Regardless, I want a true Castle theme and a true Space theme, not a failed merger of both.

4 Likes

What about a successful merger of both?

I frankly donā€™t think Iā€™d enjoy that either. Iā€™d like LEGO to go back to its roots in both Castle and Space.

2 Likes

I prefer it when they dont make 1 wave castle, space and pirate sets ever 3-5 years and instead try to make creative concepts out of them.

1 Like

I found Galaxy Squad to be very creative yet true to LEGOā€™s roots in Classic Space. Making a good Castle theme is a little harder, I suppose.

I thought Space Police III was a good theme, guess what, it got 2 waves and ended. I thought castle 2007 was good too, it only got 4 waves despite its popularity.

Pirates hasnt gotten a multi-wave theme since the 80s.

I think this sort of indicates that basic themes dont sell as well as the used, which means lego has to make more creative and daring themes to keep up.

Weā€™ve had Lego spacemen go to the Moon, Mars, and new planets. I have an idea.

SEND THEM TO THE SUN!

No seriously, a theme where they figure out how to live on the sun and they go there and inhabit it would be cool. Or maybe they should just have a theme about living in space with space houses and stuff.

how would you live on the sunā€¦

1 Like

Shortly and in pain.

3 Likes