Ninjago 2016 sneak peek

Yeeeaa.

maybe the pirates are running around making the ninja look bad.

3 Likes

I think maybe a ghost did survived and possessed the ninja at different times to make them do bad things, which causes them to go on the run

1 Like

eh… i think thats an odd idea

Maybe there’s ninja on the loose that actually act like assassins. The skull thing could very well be their guild’s symbol.

That would explain why people are worried about ninja all of a sudden.

1 Like

Huh…Interesting…I doubt it…but it sounds cool.

1 Like

I suppose another possibility is trans-dimensional airship pirates. It could give them the chance to do the whole dimension hopping thing before canning it to prevent having to explain why it isn’t utilized more.

Then, I wouldn’t be surprised if they had one final season with The Overlord as the TV show finale before switching gears to the movie stuff in 2016.

3 Likes

The movie will be coming out in 2017. so I think they may use the Overlord as the last villain for the whole series.

2 Likes

Yeah, from the looks of it they’re probably going to have a “sensei era” in which the original ninja are old. Maybe The Overlord will choose to come back and finish them off then in order to avoid suffering another defeat while they’re young and capable.

2 Likes

Hey, Wu is older then dirt and he is still kicking evil around…so Overlord may have his work cut out for him

1 Like

That’s true, but last time The Overlord was leading the charge, Wu kind of got captured and controlled.

It could also have something to do with Cole no longer being present…

3 Likes

Yea, but he sacrificed himself, and there are six ninja.

1 Like

FTFY

1 Like

You mean like how Pythor got not one, not two, but three years where he was a moderately important force?

Including one where being noticed by Arcturus Senpai his pride as an Anacondrai led to what appeared to be a Heel Face Turn despite his words of conquest moments before.

As for The Overlord, he got deaded twice.

Him coming back for round three would just be dumb to me, considering that The Titanium Ninja seemed a pretty finite end for him.

3 Likes

Well, who else is there? Chen is dead for all we know, in fact all of our former baddies are now good or something.

Something Ninjago has done really well up until Possession has been continuity, and it’s absence has been a major blow to the series in my opinion.

Eh… Zane managed to survive that whole thing, and he’s not the personification of a major force in the world of Ninjago. Yeah, it was a fantastic episode and was a good ending, but I don’t know that it was permanent. They’ve never once questioned it, just like they didn’t question what happened to Pythor, despite passive comments about The Overlord being potentially immortal. Seems… Fishy.

Also, assuming they’re coming to a close with the original TV show canon, I’d kind of hate for it to end off with a villain we’ve only known for half a year and doesn’t have the same “weight” as The Overlord did. And yes, it would be kind of lame if he did the same thing exact thing as the last two times, but perhaps they can pull off something clever for the finale. Doesn’t necessarily have to be the same “occupy ninja and get ancient doomsday weapon” plot that it’s been in the past.

And sadly, Pythor’s probably not going to be relevant anymore. :sob:

1 Like

Didn’t we assume this with Possession as well?

and then didn’t that end up not panning out.

I didn’t.

And I wasn’t even referring to next year’s skyrates or whatever. I was talking about when the show does end, presumably just before the movie comes out.

At least not recently. That particular quote was from before we got set stuff.

I see, and my apologies.

In attempting to catch up with some topics, I didn’t pay too much attention to the dates some things were posted. >.<

Oh, it’s fine. It’d be stupid for him to come back for round three and get beaten down again before the finale. That would just make him a really pathetic big-bad. XD

2 Likes

I will say though, if there is one thing I really really want from 2016, it’s further exploration of the other 10 realms

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m willing to bet the bad guys are

and they’ll be getting the most out of the whole dimension thing now.
I’m also willing to bet that if they use the dimension hopping thing a lot now, they’ll end up making it minimized afterwards somehow, sort of like they did with the super high tech thing.

1 Like