Ninjago 2021 Discussion

That face kinda looks like the Mata Nui robot from Bionicle.

4 Likes

That’s odd…

1 Like

I thought about that, and while it does work, it’s a bit too visually jarring for my liking :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It kinda does. Along with the concept stuff I plan on also doing the old you know what with the mech being the subs headmaster. It already looks like super galaxy dai gurren anyway so I’m going all out.

4 Likes

I’m really liking the “underwater/atlantis/sea monster” vibe that Seabound has right now.

2 Likes

I just wish we had an enemy monster besides the storm dragon. Maybe like a guardian for the temple.

1 Like

Actually it’s more like a giant sea serpent.
But that would be interesting.

2 Likes

Yeah I couldn’t remember the name but I do wish the temple had some guardian or something other then the boss monster

3 Likes

Yeah that would be cool.

1 Like

I rather enjoyed Seabound, leastways compared to the seasons preceding it. The sets are notably decent as well, although the fact that there’s only half of Wojira in the Temple of the Endless Sea–and that half is anchored to a piece of ground–is one of the biggest shortcomings in a LEGO set I’ve ever seen.

I’m guessing they can’t permanently get rid of her simply because she’s the female lead. From a marketing standpoint, eliminating her would be truly terrible, and it would be too difficult to put someone else in her place. Following the movie, I think LEGO has so deeply entrenched the Ninjago brand in having those six specific characters at the center of the story that none of them can really be dismissed, ever.

5 Likes

Not permanently, anyway.

1 Like

Yeah she’ll be gone for a season or two maybe with some flashbacks before getting a new body and joining the team again. Like maybe possessing some nindroid body or something.

2 Likes

I sort of expect them to somehow (if you haven’t seen Seabound, don’t click the thing) un-merge her with the sea, but it will be interesting to see their actual method of getting her back. I have a hunch, supported by a few scraps of information, that the next season will focus on Kai and probably be about him trying to get Nya back. Maybe. Mostly that’s just conjecture.

1 Like

Yeah, that’d be interesting.

Or at least get her mind back. Like her using water to possess a nindroid or gaining control to build a water body.

1 Like

I mean, folks seem to think that Nadakhan is coming back

1 Like

That would be weird.

I guess you could waterproof the inside of a Nindroid, yeah. The building a water body idea actually brings up an interesting contradiction in the final Seabound episode: Nya said something about it being hard to “hold this shape” or something, referring to her humanoid form, but later when she’s swimming with the whales she’s still in that same form. Maybe she just can’t hold it out of the water for long? She could learn to do that in a future season, I imagine.

wut, why? I don’t think that would work.

2 Likes

I mean, clutch powers did find his lamp twice in recent memory

4 Likes

That’s probably it. Becuase she’s sorounded by water there’s more then enough fuel for that form in her element but unless she learns to take the water out of air the land doesn’t have that much fuel.

2 Likes