Ninjago 2022 Discussion

It happens to Zane in ToE.

2 Likes

Also breaking a villain out of prison and working with them (MotO)

2 Likes

So apparently Crystallized part 2 is coming in October on Netflix, but it’ll probably come before that on YouTube or some other platform.

While I’m at it, I’ll share my thoughts on part 1 of season 15:

* Crystallized: If I were to rank this in my list, based on part 1, I would place it between March of the Oni and Seabound. Overall, the plot and the pacing seems to be a bit slow, but I’m sure that it was confirmed this season would be a really big one, so I guess the writers are just taking their time. My major gripe with this season is the point of Nya’s return (or lack thereof). In season 14, Benthomaar explicitly says that merging with the sea cannot be undone, but then … 4 episodes later … it gets undone??? Sure, it gets undone in a rather large lore contradiction because Ninjago cannot kill off their most prominent female character that easily, but there has to be a purpose to her return, which I don’t really see. Nya’s character arc was completed at the end of Seabound, so it just feels rather cheap to me that they would bring her arc back to the start by removing her powers and making her Samurai X again, except with a jacked up Gundam-esque mech suit. It also ultimately negates the impact of her sacrifice to a large degree, as her departure from the team could have led this season in a different direction to focus on Kai and Jay, the two closest people to her, and their efforts to move on from the past and at the same time deal with whatever threat they have to face. I watched the sneak peek for part two of Crystallized, and from the looks of it I don’t think Nya will be playing a major role in this season at all. However, on the topic of part 2’s trailer, I think that it looks really promising, and gives me some hope that Crystallized will turn out to be a very good season. I do have a very bad feeling about Lloyd, however, because the trailer is giving me some serious vibes that Lloyd will turn evil sometime in the next 1-2 seasons. There are also some interesting ideas in the trailer, such as, Killow and Ultraviolet helping the ninja? Who would have thought about that? The idea for part 2 seems really interesting, but only time will tell how it will turn out.

4 Likes

So like, episode 13 is out and they explained Harumi’s return

Seeing the original s2 spirit form of The Overlord was nice

1 Like

In a foreign language, anyway. But there is a version on YouTube with English-translation subtitles.

The way they did it made sense, but I also can’t help wondering: can the Overlord do that with everyone who’s dead? Chen, Morro, Samukai, Kozu, Cryptor, Iron Baron, the Omega, Kalmaar…

1 Like

I think he noticed the devotion Harumi had towards Garmadon and realized that he could use a devoted pawn like her to do his bidding

2 Likes

I got that, but hypothetically, could he do it with other deceased villains?

It’s out in English now
Episode 14 aired too but there’s no footage of the full episode online

1 Like

All episodes aired as well as episode 16

samurai x cave is back babyyy

2 Likes

Well, maybe not. Harumi was probably desperate for someone to look up to in her life, because Garmadon did not save her and her parents died early in her childhood. Maybe the Overlord provided that for her, a purpose in life after death.

Kozu, Cryptor, Machia, Blunck, and Raggmunk were only the leaders of a hivemind, while Chen, Clouse, Morro, Kalmaar, and the Omega were too ambitious to accept a lower position under someone else. Nadakhan and the Hands of Time are still alive, so they won’t work. And the Overlord never met Iron Baron. Aspheera, Vex, and Vangelis are still alive, and Unagami and Yang are now redeemed. So that leaves Harumi as the logical choice for the herald.

The Overlord never met Iron Baron…so what? He never met Harumi, either.

1 Like

True, but even then Iron Baron wouldn’t have liked to be subordinated anyway. I’m pretty sure Harumi and Vex were the only villains who wanted to be under a master, but Vex had no intention of taking over Ninjago anyway.

1 Like

How is Unagami redeemed? He’s still just a digital program beating people up in a video game!

I don’t think you finished Prime Empire, he makes amends with Milton Dyer, realizes why he was created, and then turns into a child so he and Milton can live together

3 Likes

Ah. I didn’t realize that. As you can see, I haven’t watched much, if any, of the recent seasons of Ninjago.

2 Likes

Wasn’t Morro more or less redeemed as well?

Yeah, pretty much.

1 Like

All episodes are out on Australian Netflix

The finale is here!

In hindsight, I really regret not paying attention to the TV show earlier, because I was too focused on Bionicle to care about anything else. I especially regret missing Skybound and picking up Skybound sets when it originally aired, S6 will forever be my favorite season (yes, even beating Crystallized). I was a fan during Rebooted in 2014, and never cared to follow the story past Tournament of Elements. Possession re-introduced me into the series three months ago, and I’ve been hooked since then.

2 Likes

What a great ending! I’m gonna miss this series but will still follow whatever they decide to do in 2023
This is truly the end of an era

2 Likes