Ninjago CMF Series Review

Hey guys, Peppy here, and today we got the whole Ninjago collectable minifigure series. It took four trips to various retailers near me, but I finally got them all. Each figure costs $3.99, leading up to about $80 for the whole series. So anyways, let’s get on with the review!

Kendo Kai: I have always been a big fan of the character of Kai. As such, this is much appreciated figure in my book. He has a very unique expression, which is probably my favorite from Kai so far. However, most of the other printing on this guy is pretty much the same as some of the set variants. The kendo armor and hair piece might attract some, but for others this may look like a pretty bland figure.
Spinjitzu Training Nya: A good one for fans of Nya, but like Kai, she is a little boring if you are getting other sets. This figure has very few exclusive parts to her. The torso and legs are available in other sets, as well as the hairpiece. The swords and face are new, however. This is probably a good one for parts, but if you have other sets, she may be a little boring.
Lloyd: And here is the green ninja himself. This is an absolutely gorgeous figure, with tons of great printing, and several new parts as well. However, he still keeps the trend. You can get a very similar figure in other sets. However, you won’t get the cool blueprint part, or the hair/head wrap. Still a great figure.
Master Wu: I absolutely love the new design for Wu. The new cloth element looks perfect, along with the arm printing, which is exclusive to this variant. He’s got a new face and cereal box as well, but otherwise, very similar to other LNM Wus.

Garmadon: one of my favorite LNM characters so far is this four-armed freak. Some of his figures are some if my favorite figures of the theme, and this one is no exception. It’s the only way to get his staff, and the black bamboo hat. But again, the printing is the same as the set versions. sigh
Jay: every one seems to love jay, and me included. Unlike the past five, this figure is very unique, sporting a blue torso with a lightning bolt, some tan legs, and a new scarf element. He’s even got a selfie stick. Even the hair piece is new. So in my book, a great figure.
Lloyd: next up is a casual Lloyd. He’s got a new hood piece, a new spoon and bowl, and an exclusive face, but he is still very similar to set variants. His torso has the same printing, except on the back, and the legs are the same as well. So not a very exciting one, unfortunately.
Cole: Cole is a brilliant figure. From his messy hair to his AC/DC ■■■■■, this figure is great. I believe every piece is exclusive as well. My only complaint is his face. For some reason, the lines are much thicker here then the set versions. This combined with the different hair piece almost makes him look like a different character then the version in the sets.

Koko: first from this batch is Koko, Lloyd’s mother. The figure is great, providing an exclusive torso, legs, head and purse. The only thing here that is not exclusive is her hair, which comes in a $300 set. So, you might wanna pick this figure up.
Zane: here is the Nindroid himself. Zane has got tons of new printing, from head to toes. He’s got some bright blue eyes, a backpack, and a new hairpiece. He’s even got printing to replicate hair in the back of his head. Well played LEGO. However, like Cole, the lines on his face are unusually thick… interesting.
Shark General #1: one of the most interesting and unique is the Shark Army General #1. She’s got a beautiful duel-pieced cape, a milkshake, and a bad hairdo, but surprisingly the general of the evil shark army looks pretty friendly. Hm. She’s got some nice prints though. And most of her parts could work for figures outside of Ninjago, so a great figure IMO.
Shark Army Octopus: oh no. Not the Octopus man. One of the strangest ones in the series, this evil little Octopus man is just always up to no good. Just look at that devilish face. He’s got a gun too, and a fish. Watch out for this fellow. Not a bad figure though. He’s got loads of new printing. Surprisingly, even the torso print is exclusive. But his head sometimes get a little stuck in that big rubber Octopus.

Angler: the only lower ranking female officer in the Shark army is this angler person. Surprising. However, due to that fact, her torso and legs both have exclusive prints. Cool. She’s also got an exclusively colored angler hat, and a nasty scar. Must’ve been from that evil Octopus man. She comes armed with a fish mace, so watch out for this chick.
Shark Army dude: Oh my. This poor shark-man. He’s been burned severely by Garmadon… or was it a clever little Octopu-no it was probably Garmadon. Anyways, this guy has some fantastic printing! From the random burn marks to his melting medals, this dude is fantastic. Not to mention, all but two parts are exclusive. Definitely try to pick this guy up.
Garmadon (the flashback one): oh man. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any goofier then that Octopus man. It’s a four armed guy from the ninties. But he is pulled off brilliantly. From dual-molded arms to a double torso, this figure is just about perfect. All but two parts are exclusive too. However, one of my favorite details is the tile. It has a volcano, and the word home underneath. It’s kinda poking fun at the base which Garmadon is supposed to have in the film. Great figure.
Pajamadon: the last of the Garmadons is my favorite. Its Garmadon in his comfy blue pajamas. I just find it hilarious how much LEGO is making fun of this character. The little volcanoes on his outfit look perfect however, and I can’t imagine how else this villain would sleep. Everything except his helmet and spoon are exclusive. I just wish he had back printing.

Gong: first from this last batch is the Gong and guitar rocker. Before I got him, he was one of my least favorites. But now that I have him in hand, I quite like him. The printing is superb, and his alternate expression is perfect. He is actually the only minifigure in this series to have an alternate expression. Every part is exclusive.
GPL: one of Garmadons scientists almost looks like she belongs in the LEGO Batman Movie. With her Robin-like goggles to her batman ■■■■■, it will surely attract fans of the Batman universe. She’s got a mug and a laptop as well. Not a bad figure, but a little boring IMO.
Sushi Guy: this guy has seemed to be pretty popular so far. Not a bad figure at all, he is very useful. He’s got some nice torso printing, as well as two printed sushi parts. Not a bad figure at all.
K-pop Girl: One that had me surprised by its popularity is the K-pop girl. She looks like she were designed for a young girl, which is precisely why I have no interest in her. But I can at least appreciate why people do like her. She has TONS of printing, and the printing she has is very unique. The colors don’t look like anything from the world of Ninjago either. So I don’t particularly like her, but I do appreciate her.

So that’s it. Would I recommend this series? Definitely. Sure, some aren’t too unique, but either way, all of these guys are fantastic, and a whole lot of fun. Anyways, that it from me. Hope you guys enjoyed!

13 Likes