Ninjago Movie Discussion (and Speculation) Topic

Recently, Movieinsider.com released some info on the new Ninjago film, mainly how it differs from the show. Aside from that, we’ve all been hyped for the new film coming 2017. This topic is to discuss new or already-cultivated info, speculate the film’s topics and possible plot details, and theorize any new info revealed.

Discuss!

Edit: From recent posts, I have added a specific rule: Do NOT make a “this is terrible” post. If you want to complain, please add some critical reasoning to your post, or it will be flagged and deleted immediately. Unfortunately, posts 1-22 have been spared. :smiley:

8 Likes

#disappointment

i’ll just…leave it at that for now

9 Likes

What prpl said. I mean, why on earth would you go THAT route? We don’t want to see another stereotypical “by night they’re fierce warriors, but by day they have to deal with school” movie.
Granted, they might be able to pull this off somehow, but I really doubt it.

2 Likes

I’ll say that I expected this much from Lego. IIRC, it was said that it would take place in a different continuity than the show, and instead is related to TLM’s world. Thus, why not reboot it ala Teen Titans Go?

also

“Ninjago sees ninjas, samurais, and senseis fight side-by-side against dragons, armies of snake men, and Lord Gagmadon, an evil warlord banished to an underworld who now seeks to return to power.”

all hail lord gagmadon

6 Likes

…What?
A ninjago movie… ?

Why?
why would you do this… ?

2 Likes

So… they’re basically like Spider-Man or something, only Ninja…

That’s the sound of me crying inside.

2 Likes

“DRAGON BALL EVOLUTION 2: WE NINJAGO NOW” HYYYPE

No but seriously, this is gonna suck. Hard.

4 Likes

The writers from the Lego Movie are supposed to be doing this, right? I have faith they can pull it off, even if the concept makes me cry inside. Wake me up…

1 Like

Teenage Toa Ninja students? So, I assume it’s Zane, Kai, Lloyd, Jay, Cole and Nia. I dont like the looks of this. I guess the Samurai could be rebooted Ronan. This is assuming they use the same characters, I’d much prefer it if they used new ones though.

Wake me up inside.

3 Likes

(CANT WAKE UP)

body is invalid

5 Likes

High School? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the ninja are at least in their 20s now. I know it’s a reboot but… Ugh…

2 Likes

I’m expecting this to include some sort of twist where the school they are at turns out to be the base of the evil villains they are fighting. Either way, this sounds cliché and disappointing - it really depends on the writers though.

One of the reasons i liked the idea that they’d be doing something different for this ‘reboot’ was that they would be able to improve on the circumstances already, not force these characters into a high-school setting.

I’d guess they would use the same characters and that the high school setting was probably caused by the large amount of fangirls/fanboys that the characters have, which was something parodied in the show itself.

1 Like

What have they done? Tears, man, tears.
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy high school, why?!

Disregarding the fact that I love the TV show and wish it built off that, they still might be able to make this good.

Is the show done, though?

1 Like

OK, whoever has heard of this film before probably knows this is written by the Hagemans, who wrote the entirety of the tv show.
Regardless, I’m still hyped for the film. A recent post by Aanchir on the BZP topic mentions how the series was speculated as “clichéd”, as with the Lego Movie, and we already know now that it isn’t true.
Aleo, ninja in their 20s? Their ages aren’t specifically stated at all, so they could be 16, for all we know.

1 Like

Everyone’s Ruined FOREVER reaction is utterly hilarious to me

I personally think that, at the very least, this movie will be hilarious.

I mean, Dan and Kevin Hageman are still the writers, and they’ve been writing for the show for like, the whole time

So I fail to see the issue.

As a Transformers fan, I’ve learned to accept different continuities.

My hope is that this will be like

the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker of the Ninjago franchise.

6 Likes

I guess I can stand this now.
The first post was my reaction to seeing the description, not who’s doing it.
Another thing, how do you think this is gonna be animated?

Quite honestly, I understand, but really? High school? I can get behind the by day/by night concept, but putting them in school is just so overplayed and cliche. If the series was originally like that, I wouldn’t be so concerned, but knowing how rich the lore is, conforming it to something as simple as this is disappointing. We don’t need a simplified rebooted version of the story if the original is still going on! Plus, I joke about it, but this is just moving closer and closer to Power Rangers.

1 Like

I believe The Lego Movie style is confirmed.

1 Like

There will probably be at least 1 more season for the summer 2016 wave

I’m confident that lego will make a great movie out of Ninjago, and we’ll end up liking it in the end.

1 Like