Ninjago Timeline Inconsistencies

I’ll admit that I haven’t been a Ninjago fan for long, but the more I think about this, the less sense it makes. What I’m referring to is not necessarily the order of events, but when they occur (if someone has a better way of saying this, please, tell me).

So, first we learn that Wu’s father, the First Spinjitzu Master, created Ninjago. This is implied to be a long time ago, and Wu and Garmadon are really old. At this point, I just assumed that they had abnormally long lifespans. Things make sense. Then there’s Lloyd. I’ll go ahead and assume that he’s somewhere around ten, maybe a bit older, when he’s first introduced. Yet, he’s Garmadon and Misako’s son. Wait, what? These two people who have been around forever (one of whom has been banished in the underworld for a while now) had a son around a decade ago? That seems rather late in their lives, banishment aside.

Then there’s the Serpentine. When they’re introduced, our snakey friends have been gone so long that most people assume they’re a myth. Then we get to Season 4, and we find out that not only were Wu and Garmadon fighting in the war when they were younger, but Kai and Nya’s parents were, as well? Wu and Garmadon make sense. They’ve been alive nearly as long as Ninjago, so them being in that stage of their lives at that point makes sense. But Kai and Nya’s parents? I can’t judge Kai and Nya’s ages very well, but early adulthood makes sense to me. Yet, apparently their parents were as old as Wu? How does that make any sense?

These two things have never added up to me. What kind of timescale are we looking at? How are half of our characters the ages that they are?

10 Likes

it never says the first master spinjitzu had his kids immediately, but I get where your coming from

its all hole

Wrong place, wrong time. It just can’t work.

1 Like

I just assumed that Lloyd was born while Garmadon was in the Underworld. Like, Garmadon is trapped there, but Misako could come and go as she pleased, since the Skulkin seem to be able to do that. And wasn’t it Kai who thought the Serpentine were a myth? I haven’t seen that episode in a long time, but if it was, I would just chalk it up to a lack of a formal education. Just like there are people who think that the Titanic was a myth.

4 Likes

I never thought of that.

On this front, I’m also wondering if the Serpentine war was more recent than I originally assumed. It actually solves a lot of the problems I have; Kai and Nya’s parents have a normal life-span, Lloyd being born at a reasonable time. It might even mean that Wu and Garmadon have a normal life-span.

Hands of Time mentions that the Serpentine War happened 40 years ago.

1 Like

So I’m definitely wrong. Well, that’s what I was looking for. Thanks!

No problem. though Hands of Time definitely has elements of time travel, so we’ll just have to see how it plays out.