Nirvana

Anyone heard of Nirvana or a Fan of Nirvana?
If you do what’s your favorite song?

Mine would be Heart-Shaped Box.

3 Likes

Everyone’s heard of Nirvana! My favourite track is Half The Man I Used To Be.

1 Like

No offense but Nirvana sucks.
Very overrated band,little technical ability,pointless and horrible lyrics and an always drugged up frontman.

To be fair Kurt was suffering depression.

Pretty much every band ever. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Not “every band ever”.
There are lots of bands with excellent technical ability,great lyrics and sober and drug-free singers.
Tool is an example.

1 Like

I like them, but they’re not one of my favorites.

1 Like

What’s wrong with bands having a drug addict singer?
Like it doesn’t even really count against the band.
It’s just against drugs and the singer.

Because his drug addiction influenced the band a lot.In a bad way.
He also introduced the "depressed rocker"style,which is sadly now associated with almost rocker out there.

2 Likes

I love Nirvana dude. I don’t have a single favorite, but here are a few, Sliver, Lithium, Drain You, On a Plain, Serve the Servants, Dumb, and All Apologies.

1 Like

I recently went to the EMP Museum in Seattle, and they have a large exhibit for Nirvana. It was really cool, and I heavily recommend the museum as a whole.

1 Like

Imo, I really liked their songs but I really can’t stand “Teen Spirit” its TOO overrated I mean , they have so many other good songs. I just don’t understand why that one was such a big hit. Maybe its the way it sounded, I Don’t know. I really like the way they sounded too. I mean they didn’t like sound “Madonna” cuz you know… THERE NIRVANA (I had too srry).

1 Like

Being the edgelord I am and that I apparently listen to “satanic bands” according to certain individuals (you know who you are, and that I’m just screwin’ with ya’. : D) of course I listen too it. I am also going back and commenting on way outdated stuff, because why not. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is the thing with Nirvana…

I am a fan of them, but to a certain extent.

You see before Kurt shot himself and before they became REALLY mainstream, they had their own thing going, which was really cool.

About 1/3 of their songs (ex: Breed, Stay Away, Territorial Pi**ings, etc.) are actually really good and have some meaning to them. The other 2/3 are kinda lame.

2 Likes

If I were to really describe it, it’s much less that Kurt could sing amazingly (he couldn’t), that the band had talent, the genre. It’s much more the sloppy reality put into the songs. They depict feelings and everything’s a metaphor. Now there are meaningless lyrics but I doubt many, if any songs weren’t made in a metaphor for something else.