Nitroblast (Revamp)

Made for #HeroFebruary on Instagram.

61 Likes

very nice

1 Like

Beyond incredible. There is so much awesomeness packed into this build that I am blown away right now. The left arm that uses Rahkshi spines is unreal business.

8 Likes

Good to see some HF for once.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

I forgot Nitroblast existed, but I won’t forget that incredible left arm. I like the armoring atop his hunch, too. Not so much a fan of the gunmetal Kalmah feet–they look like they’d poke him in the neck a lot. Very nice overall, though.

2 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

fantastic shaping!

2 Likes

I have really fond memories of getting this guy, Really love how you channeled his mutation into his design.

2 Likes

Thank you! Striking that balance between a sleeker and cleaner design while still trying to stay true to the Fire Villain’s chaotic asthetic was a bit of a challenge, but I think It came out well enough.

4 Likes

Amazing revamp! I did a few of my own several years ago, but none are as cool as this one!

2 Likes

This looks incredible! Gives me some serious nostalgia

1 Like

gee thanks for making my stringer look bad

like, you just had to go and make an indisputably superior moc better capturing the character it represents and use a wider range of classic pieces both from Hero Factory and Bionicle

jerk

3 Likes

Very cool! I have always liked Nitroblast, despite his rather messy design. I am very happy to finally see such a good revamp of him!

2 Likes

This is amazing! (Although I always imagine him being really boney and skinny) great build 10/10

2 Likes

Another hero factory moc from the man himself, and it’s of the first hero factory villain I had? Righteous. Love how you redesigned the character, bulking him up, getting rid of needless asymmetry in the legs, while also improving upon the half baked flamethrower arm of the original. And of course, the dish pieces in the chest do a good job of homaging the original Fire Villain armor piece. The sky is blue, water is wet, and Raptor Talon makes kicking mocs. Nothing new there.

4 Likes

ayy my man

2 Likes

Thank you! Cleaning him up while keeping it recognizable as Nitroblast was definitely a process of trial and error, glad you like what I came up with!

Thanks! Yeah he was a bit more of a gangly fellow in the original set, and I did intend on carrying that forward, but the torso was the first thing I build and so everything else had to be scaled in proportion to that.

5 Likes

Congrats man!

6 Likes

Oh shoot, nice!

4 Likes