Nobua has been there all along

the bs01 page says ‘neon genesis evangelion’
why

1 Like

Humor. Nothing else. Its because he’s in a Boxor and thats a mech suit.
(Unless the question was not serious)

1 Like

I see the Nobua page has been updated with potential appearances mentioned here. Neat!
Only the online animations are missing now.

1 Like

I take back what I said, in light of the early animations and games being so consistent with the Matoran that showed up, it’s almost certain that “Matoran with a purple Hau” was meant to be Nobua, at least in MNOG and the animations.

The comics are dubious at best. The first scene is a group of Matoran defending Ta-Koro, and he even shouts “for Ta-Koro” (and for some reason replaces Unity with his village), so it’s far more likely that it’s a Ta-Matoran. The second seems to just be random Matoran. Also, the comics are notably not consistent with the games and animations – I point to Kapura Nuhrii as evidence – so why would they be here?

Conclusion: MNOG and BOA is definitely Nobua. Comics could be literally anybody, and the Boxor Matoran is probably a Ta-Matoran.

4 Likes

The interesting thing is that even the comic Nobua does fit in the timeline of events if you read all the materials carefully - though one has to piece it together.
I made a shot at it here:

As for the comic consistency, you’re right, but I would also point out that the 2004 comics were drawn by a different illustrator than the ones Nobua appears in. Those seem at least slightly more consistent with their Matoran.
Ultimately I agree that the comic versions are more ambiguous - they can work quite well, but the reader has to make concerted effort toward consistency. If the comic Matoran wasn’t meant to be Nobua, he sure does fit the role :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

EDIT: @Willess12 some additional realizations and evidence I have noticed. Take note of the conversation between the presumed Onu-Matoran piloting the Boxors: they talk about preparing traps by digging the pits and setting up rock falls - something Onu-Matoran would be quite skilled at.
Even more importantly, as Nobua shouts “For Ta-Koro! For Duty! For Destiny!
As I explained earlier, the Ta-Koro shout is simply Onu-Koro Boxor pilots being tasked with defending other villages. But the choice of the two specific virtues is very telling - Duty and Destiny are the two virtues specifically favored by the Onu-Matoran and they derive the principle of Prosperity from them.
https://biosector01.com/wiki/Principles

3 Likes