Nobua has been there all along

So no one is talking about how Nobua is actually present in other Bionicle media?
Everybody knows him from Legend of Mata Nui:
2021-03-05 01_17_18-Nobua - BIONICLEsector01

But he is also in MNOG:

Bohrok animations:

And in the two comics leading a Boxor squad and listening to Nokama’s storytelling:

27 Likes

Nobua is the hero we need

12 Likes

But apparently don’t deserve :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Neat, though I don’t think we can say for sure that he’s the same guy just because he looks similar.
After all…

Hafu

This is Hafu

Kapura

This is Kapura.

taipu

This is Taipu.

11 Likes

Well, we don’t have anyone else who could fit in, so we might as well take it…

By the way that Kapura thing is just an artifact from comic using the same 2004 models for all Matoran. Official Metru Kapura is this:
2021-03-05 03_21_58-File_Kapura Metru.PNG - BIONICLEsector01

9 Likes

Might these be the same thing?

His BS01 page is a work of art.
https://biosector01.com/wiki/User:QSKSw/Sandbox

5 Likes

I was going to comment here about how the Nobua article really strange and unfinished, but then I realized that it was a “sandbox” article, which means it’s not an official article, and is instead there for people to test things and play around.

4 Likes

But I see him as the champion of people.

4 Likes

And fleeing Bohrok!

4 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out! I have added it to the post.
Funny how he escapes 3 times.

Then I guess it should be said…

It’s been Nobua all along! (sing it) :wink:

4 Likes

Amazing! I’m glad to see some love for Nobua (and proof that he’s “semi-canon”)

2 Likes

Remarkable find! I never realized this, and it may be worth revisiting the Nobua Articles for Creation proposal.

Probably worth noting that from a canonical perspective, it’s difficult to say for certainty which (if either) of the comic Matoran can truly be said to be Nobua. For one thing, both of these comics take place within the same period of time, coinciding with the Toa’s fight against the Bahrag. With Ga-Koro under siege, it’s doubtful Nobua could have gone from Ta-Koro to Ga-Koro during that time. That said, it’s certainly possible that the artists nevertheless intended for both of these to be the same character, and it’s just a continuity error. Still, without direct confirmation, I think saying both are Nobua would needlessly cement this error on the canon.

Beyond this, I do think the Templar animations are almost certainly referencing Nobua, given their coordination with Safire. Great connection.

4 Likes

Thank you!
Actually, I think the short comic with Nokama takes place on an evening before Ga-Koro siege. The Toa just decended and Nokama tells Matoran prophecies about their progress. This does not necessarily take place in Ga-Koro.
Chronologically it makes sense. The following day Nobua joins the Boxor defense of Ta-Koro with some other Matoran. We know Takua was bringing Boxor squads to other villages, as he does so in Ga-Koro.
Seeing as he and Onu-Matoran travelled there with Jaller and his guardsmen, they probably made a stop at Ta-Koro first, at which point Nobua takes lead of his squad and they start preparing those traps. Takua then brings the rest of the Boxors to Ga-Koro along with Jaller’s guard.

But we don’t really need to dwell on these details - the important thing is we have Nobua :slight_smile:

About Templar and Saffire coordination, you are absolutely right :+1:

2 Likes

I find the two comics interesting.

The second image first, is from the promotional McDonalds comic “Into the Nest”; Nokama is telling a group of four Matoran a story of how the Toa will go into the nest and face the Bahrag. We don’t see the fourth one up-close in the panel posted here, however we can assume it would be Maku based on the dialogue. (Assuming the dialogue is applied to the wrong Matoran.) Make note of all three of the other Matoran, with a red and a green Miru, and purple Hau (speculated Nobua here).
The first panel is from Comic 7 “What Lurks Below”, and is going on co-current with the Toa Mata going into the nest. Not just Nobua, but all three of these Matoran in the Boxors appear to be the same ones as those in “Into the Nest”. (Obviously, Nokama and Maku are in Ga-Koro at this point). Just a very interesting detail I noticed.

Hmm, I’m gonna have to look into that.

4 Likes

Now I want it to be cannon that those four are best friends and hang around every so often. (and yes it could be a coincidence but that would be real weird)
Atleast it will be headcannon to me

1 Like

In Vakama’s Toa Metru mini Promo CD, Kapura shows Vakama the wrecked vat controls
in this comic, this Matoran shows Vakama the wrecked vat controls.
Ergo, they are the same Matoran, even though one just uses Nuhrii’s character model.

1 Like

Yeah the Metru Nui comics were pretty disappointing with their copy & pasting of that year’s Metrutoran models.

2 Likes

Yep! I ended up looking into it and updated the BS01 pages.

3 Likes