Norrik, Toa of Water (Self-MOC)

Finally able to post my self-MOC:
Norrik, Toa of Water. …Not to be confused with Norik, Toa/Rahaga of Fire. (Tbh I came up with the idea for this guy and his name before I even knew about the Toa Hagah or the Rahaga.)
Anyway: Here he is, in his… 7th rendition, I think?

This is the main character of a series I’ve been writing for a while that will be posted on the message boards soon (I hope). It will possibly have something of a “choose your own adventure” feel depending on how far I get. Once a Matoran, he was chosen, along with 11 others, to form a new Toa team that focuses on sets of two, in which the partners are different elements but can call upon each other’s elements depending on how near they are to each other. An odd idea that struck me about two and a half years ago.

Anyway, Norrik carries an arm-mounted aqua-blade and an arm mounted shield (not shown). His fighting style relies less on manipulating water to attack from a distance and more or channeling the water around him to create weapons or direct physical advantages.

Mask:
I’m not sure if this is actually a Kanohi Tryna or not yet for the sake of this character. Might be fun to make a reference to Matoro with it, however, as he was my favorite G1 character.
His mask has a “retractable” visor that can be deployed automatically. The tubing supplies oxygen directly to his lungs and mask.

Ideas behind the build:
As he’s a Toa of water, I gave him bigger feet for easier swimming, and the bulky lower legs have exposed gaps as to supply emergency venting, in which the oxygen produced in his system can be sent straight to his lower legs to allow faster swimming. The exposed axles are to appear as hydraulics, allowing for greater physical exertion.
The red parts were intended to be both an accent (that could have been executed better no doubt) and to convey the “biological” aspect. Muscles, tissues…the like.
(In all honesty, a clever excuse to hide the fact that I was too broke to buy more black ball joints and small axles)

Here you can see the back, posessing the water-to-oxygen-intake systems and a movable back piece to allow for carrying… stuff. Random masks, parts, lunch, and whatever else.

Norrik and his partner, Serena.
(She will be posted soon.)

I’ve rebuilt this guy a lot, and probably won’t mess with him any time soon until I can buy a lot of different pars, and even then, I’ll probably just make an updated copy to leave this guy in the older-piece style. He’s definitely come a lng way from hs first rendition though (a bare-bones Inika build with a Hordika chest plate).

Questions? Comments? Let me know what your thoughts are in the comments below.
Hope you guys are having a great day! :smile:

43 Likes

I like him, but he looks more like a toa of ice to me.

3 Likes

AGGH THE RED BALLJOINTS MY EYES

All jokes aside, this is pretty cool. If I had to critique one thing, however, it would be the disproportionately long lower arms. I would replace that piece with some metru legs. Great MOC!

4 Likes

Jolly good show!

3 Likes

I love the shaping of this guy and his color scheme is perfect! he seems to be gappy in the torso and those two lift arms under those marhi tubes seem to be out of place. Great moc!

3 Likes

This breaks the canon

/s

4 Likes

@Leoxander Extended/Alternate universe make all things possible :sunglasses:
XD jokes aside, that was just my own story I had at the time. It wasn’t a continuation of Bionicle, it was… a standalone story based on Bionicle. That way, I could make references, keep canonical masks and characters, but tell my own story.

Alas, the story is long lost to the hard drives of an unresponsive Windows XP

@Miraku I can’t remember why I gave him lanky arms, lol.
However, I will keep this in mind when I redesign him XD Thanks man
(And I swear, no red ball joints next time XD)

(Edited for double post–I need to get better about that, lol)

3 Likes

Did ya take ‘em out?

Also, beware double posting, for the Mod’s and flags shall find you if you do!

4 Likes

For his redesign, it will be a more ccbs and system MOC than a G1 style MOC. Also, yes XD
(I need to get better about double posting, lol)

2 Likes

Ooh, sounds pretty cool mate. Too bad to hear about the story, I wanted to see it… so, you weren’t able to to transfer the contents of the hard drive out/it was corrupted?

1 Like

I have bits and pieces, enough storyboard to rewrite it all. I’ll PM you the story when it gets some progress :smiley:

1 Like

Ey! Nice mate! Thanks!

1 Like

His arms look a bit long and wonky like the first version of my self moc.

1 Like

Given this is 3 years old, I can agree he needs a bit of an update XD