Notebook Adventure Girls

To give you an idea why I digitize my Emerald-Man stuff, it’s because my rough drafts often look like what I am gonna share. (Also my handwriting is atrocious, I hope you guys can read what it says in here.)

Got the idea for this one at work. Had to draw it. Somehow it turned out rather good, more than I was expecting.

glorified king arthur fanfic

let me know if you guys want to see more of this or not

13 Likes

Interesting. Also, your real name is on the cover (unless Collin Lamping is a pseudonym).

1 Like

It’s been on my Emerald-Man stuff too.

5 Likes

This is sweet! I’m a sucker for King Arthur stuff, and your comic style is pretty neat. I will say (coming from a person who has about no drawing experience, so take it with salt) that the feet of the lady with the sword on the cover (Brygid?) seem a bit small. But sorceress lady behind her looks fantastic! And I like the way you depicted Merlin throughout, including the fun and otherworldly details like pointy ears and sharp teeth.

So yeah, I’d like to see more of it.

Also, nuuuu, Guinevere! Not that she isn’t an annoying sot in a lot of depictions, but still, she’s the Queen. =P

3 Likes

Indeed. I have read bits and pieces of Arthurian lore, and I remembered he was supposed to be half demon, if I recall, so I put that in there. Also did you notice who the knight was in the end?

3 Likes

That’s pretty epic!

3 Likes

7 Likes

More of this I guess!

7 Likes

Interesting… why the original title? It seems quite disconnected from the story.

1 Like

It’s drawn in a notebook and they’re on an adventure and they’re girls

8 Likes

@DuneToa doesn’t see gender.

2 Likes

Hooray, new chapters! Gwendolen is fantastic. :joy:

I didn’t recognize him at once, though Gawain did enter my mind.

Yes, his father was an incubus. I’ve read a fair bit of Arthurian stuff, so if you’re looking for inspiration feel free to pick my brain about it.

3 Likes

Perhaps, however also gonna be adding tiny bits of history too. I plan to show some saxon characters eventually. In my mind this is evolving into a fanfic about the saxon invasion of England tbh.

3 Likes