Notes on the NX-Series D-Batch Rahkshi

From the desk of Makuta Karisin

Today, I can call the NX Initiative a success. Several months ago, I set out to develop a reliable, replicable method to efficiently and nearly-effortlessly create Shadow Kraata, whenever required. After several batches of trial and error, I will deem the D-batch the first successful trial run of this process, which I’ve named “NX training”.
After precise exposure to select mutagenic substances, the Kraata were put through a rigorous training regimen, taking place both inside and outside their Rahkshi suits. Within hours of completion, they had each fully developed into Shadow Kraata.
As a side effect of the NX training, normal Rahkshi armor is not enough to support the Kraata within. Augmented suits with more powerful life support and power channelling systems have been developed, and, as a result, they no longer require Staves to access their powers. Many of the D-batch have taken up alternative weapons.
One of the benefits of having such a large group of Shadow Kraata at my disposal is that I finally have a chance to study them en masse. Either as a side effect of the NX initiative, or just due to their near-spontaneous development of sapience, each of these Rahkshi have highly individual personalities, manifesting in their relationships with one another, as well as their weapon choices and even gender identities. Each one has taken on their unique identifier as a name.

How to read Kraata identifiers

Under Makuta Karisin’s system of unique Kraata identifiers, each specimen is given a unique name of four alphabetical digits, formatted AAAX. The final digit is always X, and serves to denote the specimen as a Kraata. The penultimate digit is the series identifier. The second digit is the batch identifier. The first digit is the individual identifier. For example, ADNX is a Kraata individually identified as “A” in the D-batch of the N-series.

NX-series, D-batch

ADNX, a Rahkshi of Poison, the first of the D-batch. As such, she is among my most trusted Rahkshi. Seasoned in combat and effective at stealth, ADNX typically carries two daggers as her weapons.

BDNX, a Rahkshi of Insect Control. They are rather mild-mannered and prefer exploring the minutiae of the world around them rather than participating in wanton destruction. BDNX, when armed, typically uses a short baton.

CDNX, a Rahkshi of Darkness, and likely one of my favorites of the entire D-batch. CDNX is sadistic and cruel, and loves the thrill of the hunt and the rush that comes with destruction. He uses his darkness powers to deadly effect, creating weapons from shadow to crush and eviscerate his foes. He is nearly inseparable from ZDNX.

DDNX, a Rahkshi of Density Control, and EDNX, a Rahkshi of Chain Lightning. These two are truly inseparable - it is a rare occurrence to see either one alone. DDNX uses his density control powers to distract and divert opponents, while EDNX delivers the shock. Of the two, EDNX is the brains of the operation, and DDNX usually respects their call in combat. The two typically fight unarmed.

FDNX, a Rahkshi of Stasis Field. She is highly acrobatic (complementing the speed of GDNX), and fights with a set of throwing knives and shuriken. She is quiet when not engaged in combat or gymnastics, and spends most of her free time practicing to pull off daring stunts.

GDNX, a Rahkshi of Slow. She augments her abilities to slow her opponents by practicing her running, ensuring that she can be one step ahead even without her heightened perception in slowed time. She typically fights with the help of a battle hammer.

HDNX, a Rahkshi of Heat Vision. One of my favorite new sons, he has adopted a boisterous personality modeled after folkloric Matoran heroes, and makes the unorthodox weapon choice of two revolving hand-cannons that fire physical bullet rounds. He augments his deadly trained accuracy with deadly heat vision blasts.

IDNX, a Rahkshi of Anger. Cold, calculating, and devious, they have made fast friends with SDNX, and, like FDNX, relish in the joy of a flashy combat victory. They typically fight from a distance, using blasts of concentrated Anger to disorient an opponent. I suspect, however, that their air of aloofness is simply a front meant to appease me - in private, they appear rather anxious and unconfident.

JDNX, a Rahkshi of Elasticity. Like IDNX, they fight unarmed, but unlike their older sibling, they perform well in close combat, utilizing their Elasticity powers to make quick, decisive combat maneuvers augmented by their stretchy, springy form. JDNX is quick-witted and sharp, and never fails to make a smart retort.

KDNX, a Rahkshi of Sonics. Like BDNX, KDNX prefers the air of adventure to the heat of combat. They’re highly inquisitive and have even expressed strong creative tendencies, utilizing a guitar, of all things, as a weapon through which to channel their Sonics abilities. Note to self: keep an eye on this one…

LDNX, a Rahkshi of Weather Control. Pompous and arrogant, LDNX prides themselves on the sheen of their armor, and their ability to avoid damage in combat. Of course, this is because they are mostly a support fighter, summoning weather custom-tailored to disorient, weaken, or otherwise inhibit the opponent of one of their siblings. They utilize their powers much more often than the other Rahkshi, as well, manifesting storms and winds at will according to their mood.

MDNX, a Rahkshi of Sleep. A part of ZDNX’s troupe of lackeys, MDNX fancies himself a cold-blooded killer, but is mostly beholden to her command. He wields a modified Staff of Sleep that allows him to cast his powers over a broad area of effect, acting as a forward unit for ZDNX’s posse. As much as he’d like to be her right-hand Rahkshi, he’s her third choice, and he’s clearly more insecure for it.

NDNX, a Rahkshi of Power Scream. Another of my unarmed warriors, NDNX channels their Power Scream ability as their main combat maneuver, unleashing roar after roar to deafen opponents. A powerful ally in combat, they’re also a good friend off the battlefield, cheering up their siblings whenever they’re around.

ODNX, a Rahkshi of Molecular Disruption. ODNX fights with two Protosteel gauntlets that allow them to channel their powers into their melee strikes; working in tandem with VDNX, the two can bring down even the sturdiest structure onto a foe. When outside the suit, ODNX makes full use of their powers to liquefy or vaporize themselves in order to increase their movement potential.

PDNX, a Rahkshi of Limited Invulnerability. Oh, PDNX, if only you were smarter. You could rule this universe. Its low intelligence has led to it being simply a tool of ZDNX’s, and she uses it as a battering ram and bulldozer, flattening opposition in front of her group and destroying whatever’s left when they’ve finished the job. It never carries a weapon - it doesn’t need one. The other Rahkshi fear it, and rightly so.

QDNX, a Rahkshi of Mind Reading. Making use of their powers to pull off simple parlor tricks, they easily amaze their siblings, and relish in the feeling. This need for validation has led them to join ZDNX’s clique as a low-level grunt, performing the group’s interrogations. When required, they typically carry a simple sword.

RDNX, a Rahkshi of Laser Vision. Another of ZDNX’s group, and visibly insecure about how similar his power is to HDNX’s, RDNX is constantly attempting to one-up him. He does a good job of appearing confident. RDNX is rarely armed, instead opting to use his Laser Vision as his main offensive tool. He knows he’ll never be separated from it. Among the henchmen of ZDNX, RDNX is a shock troop, moving in just behind P- and MDNX to make the first strike.

SDNX, a Rahkshi of Cyclone. Best friend to IDNX, SDNX makes up for the former’s lack of confidence with his own machismo and composure. He steps in where IDNX finds himself unable to, and strikes efficiently with his Cyclones. SDNX carries a set of specially-built throwing daggers that can be caught aloft on his Cyclone winds, and tear the victim within asunder.

TDNX, a Rahkshi of Fire Resistance. I almost feel sorry for TDNX, getting the shortest end of the stick when it comes to power. But they don’t seem to mind. In fact, they take pride in their… less-than-useful power, by strengthening themselves physically, and bravely stepping into high-heat situations where their siblings cannot. They wield a huge broadsword in combat, and a hefty shield slung over the arm to complement it.

UDNX, a Rahkshi of Illusion. UDNX knows very well how to effectively utilize her illusions, and can swiftly disorient nearly any opponent. She has a wide range of preferred illusions, from changing size, to manifesting duplicates, to making herself appear frightening or unthreatening. But, outside of combat, she is a cheery joker in the same league as NDNX.

VDNX, a Rahkshi of Accuracy. ZDNX’s left-hand Rahkshi, she strategizes for the group, plotting out the best places and moments to strike. Complementing her Accuracy powers, VDNX carries a set of carving tools with which she can shape a projectile exactly to her specifications, perfect to throw and strike any target.

WDNX, a Rahkshi of Quick Healing. The most pragmatic and peaceful of the siblings, they are the mediator of all conflict, and administer support to injured comrades in battle. Threatening to withhold their support is an effective blackmail to keep this rowdy bunch in line, but WDNX, at heart, could never bring themselves to allow a sibling to go unhealed. It’s a good thing, then, that they all listen to them.

XDNX, a Rahkshi of Plasma. I’d like to see a Toa of Plasma come up against the likes of him - I think you and I both know, dear Reader, who would come out victorious, and who would not come out at all. Favoring CDNX’s strategy, XDNX manifests tools of Plasma tailored to the situation at hand. Most often, one will find him creating dark mirror images of his foe’s weapons, intended to unnerve and counter. Outside combat, XDNX is boisterous and harsh, and would fit right in alongside ZDNX’s clique were he not so aggressively independent.

YDNX, a Rahkshi of Dodge. Likely to be first to challenge LDNX to an armor-polishing contest, YDNX loves to compete with their siblings over the most mundane things. They’ve only ever won a competition of reaction time against LDNX and GDNX - I wonder why? I hope they never get the bright idea to challenge VDNX…

ZDNX, a Rahkshi of Silence. Finally, we get to one of, if not the singular, most influential members of D-batch. ZDNX is manipulative, scheming, and highly intelligent, and has organized several of her siblings around herself as a posse of sorts, doing her bidding so her claws are never dirtied. When she enters combat, she is a force to be reckoned with, deadening the sound around her foe to bring the battle to an ominous standstill before she strikes. Her presence commands one’s gaze.

And thus, we have D-batch. 26 Shadow Kraata, equipped with augmented armor, making them more powerful than ever before. This is the force with which the Brotherhood will march in the coming days.

Makuta Karisin,
I find your work with Shadow Kraata interesting, but this is ultimately an unsustainable endeavor. The Brotherhood cannot afford to have an infantry composed primarily of sapient troops. They have the capacity to rebel, especially when empowered like these few.
On the topic of rebellion, I wish to summon you to a Convocation occurring soon. Miserix cannot remain the head of the Brotherhood. This Universe is ours to conquer, and he squanders our natural abilities by forcing us to sit idly by. Perhaps, if we must go to war to ensure I am victorious, I will call upon your Shadow Kraata. But, today, all I need is your vote in my favor.
Makuta Teridax

Addendum
Today, I went to the holding chambers and found that all of the D-batch Rahkshi had escaped. ZDNX, I assume, must have convinced at least one of a few candidates, such as ODNX, to blast a hole in the fortress wall, and now, not one remains within. I suppose I will have to clean this mess up, sooner or later. We can’t have sapient Rahkshi parading around the universe, can we?

//Special thanks to Valtarshol for creating the model for the Rahkshi headplate with ear attachments.

22 Likes

Nice mocs.
I looove the backstory, it’s so interesting.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Dat’s a lotta Rahkshi.

Very nice!

1 Like

Thanks! Valtarshol made me that ear piece and then I just couldn’t stop.

1 Like

I love all of these! Along with their characteristics

1 Like