Nui-Jaga (G2)

, ,

The Nui-Jaga resemble giant scorpions, and have fierce claws and stingers.

When wearing infected masks, they are fierce foes of the Toa - but if the Toa are victorious, these beasts can be tamed.

Just a fun and simple G2 version of the classic scorpion Rahi from 2001.

More Photos:
Brickshelf Gallery
Flickr

Comments and constructive criticism welcome!

36 Likes

This looks pretty cool, I like the amount of trans-neon green and the black parts. The tail and claws are good too.

2 Likes

Nice use of the neon green skull masks on the claws.

3 Likes

You have 2 of those masks?!

7 Likes

really cool build, great remake of the Nui-Jaga, love the colours

6 Likes

I wanted to do this too. It’s so cool to reinterpret g1 Rahi as g2.

2 Likes

This is beautiful!

2 Likes

very cool, even kinda derpy lookin

2 Likes

I think he’s kinda cute, actually

Inspiration from scorpions that glow under UV light?

2 Likes

The Bohrok eyes on the back blend perfectly with the G2 rib cage piece while also appearing distinctly scorpion-esque.

4 Likes

Thank you, glad it looks cool!

Thanks! I was trying to pay homage to the original set with that, happy you like it.

So there was a time a few years ago when someone was selling them in bulk without the packaging on Bricklink, they were like 25-30 USD a mask back then but still way cheaper than what they are now.

Thanks! It kinda was a bit of a rushed build since I had a bit of a self imposed time crunch while working on it, but I’m really happy with how it came out, especially the colors.

You totally should, it was a really fun time. Can’t wait to see your interpretations!

Appreciate it!

It’s the original Nui-Jaga face haha, it always looked derpy to me too, and my version kept that silly charm.

I agree. And yes! Really glad you caught that design element, that was my reasoning for picking translucent neon green, wish I could of done it with actual glow in the dark parts but this was close enough.

Thank you, I was trying to capture the segmentation of the real critters with the use of those two parts.

8 Likes