Nui-Jaga Revamp

Lately I’ve been seeing quite a lot of Nui-Jaga revamps so I decided I’d have a crack at it myself.

Compared to some of my other revamps, this one is a rather drastic overhaul, though this was because I wanted to give it a more detailed look as opposed to the technic-heavy design of the original.

Functions
Note the use of the plural, since this moc has more than one function. Firstly, it retains its stinger function, and since Nui-Jaga are known to shoot venom from their tails, I’ve given it an additional function to do just that. Another thing I’ve added is a crawling function, allowing the moc to move its legs by rolling it along the floor.

I’ve also taken the claw function from Nidhiki so that the Nui-Jaga can control each claw independently.

Credits:
Biopack by SwampKryakwa & Lehvak Nuva
Colorpack by SwampKryakwa
Backgrounds by Vahkiti

50 Likes

Looks great. Is that face bit a hero factory part or a custom part or what? I just dont recognize it

It’s a Hero Factory part, I think it’s from the Brain Attack wave.

3 Likes

its scarox’s face

3 Likes

The Scarox mask works surprisingly well!

2 Likes

also this do seem like it would actually make a good set if you threw in a matoran maybe lol. I’d say to add a matoran and put it on lego ideas because of the function bit but I dont think lego will want to actually go thru with something like this because its semi constraction which is a shame

1 Like

Interesting. I like that the tail stinger is now a launcher, and that this thingy has a technical core. If it had more CCBS, I’d say this really gives off G2 vibes

1 Like

Well, that and if they were going to approve something bionicle related they’d be more likely to go for something Toa Mata related since they (and more specifically Tahu) are pretty much the mascots for the series.

Not entirely what I was going for, but I guess the tail and the legs (plus the mask coming straight from Hero Factory) kinda give off that vibe.

2 Likes

you made what G2 should have been

1 Like

They are cool, and multiple functions are cool, and the vibes are cool
But
Nothing can be better than original Nui-Jaga ultra-cute faces. Also, those heads are too much heads (with necks), while scorpions (and original Nui-Jaga) rather have cephalothoraxes (if it is the right term), so I don’t think those heads fit too much.
But aside from that, they are very well done!

Excellent Nui-Jaga MOC. The improvements made to their playability features workout surprising well as a toy. I would purchase these in a heartbeat if they were official sets. Could we see another Rahi revamp like the Manas for example?

Fair point, I might get rid of the neck at some point, or attach the arms to the head, though the Scarox mask is more of a subjective thing so I’ll most likely keep it.

That is entirely possible. I’ve been thinking about doing a Muaka and/or Kane-Ra with a pull-back motor function from some of the early-2000’s racers sets.

2 Likes

Loving these! It’s always cool when functions and style can coexist :smiley:
Also, this may be one of the best uses I’ve seen of the Spike Prime “biscuit” piece!

So recently I’ve been through a creative block and I’ve not had any ideas for mocs, plus the fact that I’ve been busier lately than before, so I haven’t had much time. However, after the new Studio Pack release I thought I’d touch up on some of my older mocs to rekindle some of my creative energy. That said, here’s the next iteration of my Nui-Jaga, plus a couple of friends.

First things first, the Nui-Rama was a design I’d had for quite some time but never got around to finishing. I’ll provide more details in a separate topic another time.

Yeeeeeeeah this aged well. In fairness I could still headcanon the Scarox head version as a separate subspecies, I’ve still got the model somewhere.

I’ve also made the tail a bit longer so that it would be taller than my Toa mocs. Another minor change I’ve made is to the arms, making them a little bit wider to work with the new head.

9 Likes

Woah I am glad this came back up, this is amazing

1 Like

I love how it rolls. Would make a fun toy

2 Likes