Official RPGs Development Topic

So, I’ve got an Idea for a Command and Conquer themed RP, set in the Tiberium Universe. Opinions? Thoughts? Potential players?

So, about infinity Internet years ago(or about 3 years ago now) I had a freeform RP in space. No pre-established universe for the most part, just a space RP.

How many people would be interested in another like that?

6 Likes

I’d sign up for that. Maybe even figure out what to do with myself, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Don’t remind me of all those good concepts I wasted

To prevent rampant disappearance of players you might want to make it more story-driven, like trying to find sustainable life or setting up a colony. Idk

1 Like

So I made this DnD homebrew set in Bionicle G1 and I’d like to get it out to fans, but I’m new to the boards. How do I best post notices and updates here?

You can create a new topic, and put it in the creative content category.

However, you shouldn’t make the topic if you only plan on posting a “teaser image” as those are against the rules.

For reference, here is a similar topic that might be similar to your’s

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice! The rules are already on Reddit and Dropbox, so I guess I’ll put the links and an overview of the features on the board.

1 Like

I’ve been holding on to this concept for an rp for quite a while and thought I’d share it.
An rp where humans have been reduced to a few centimeters, and so society has learned to live among the dangerous creatures that us normal humans consider harmless.
I’m not entirely sure if I want to make this happen. I’ve got some ideas on world building and potential plot, so I might continue fleshing out this concept. If I decide to not host this, I’ll make sure to leave this in the rp ideas list in case anyone is interested.

5 Likes

Two questions, would you guys be interested in yet another Hero Factory rp, and if so, what are some good ways to keep the rp active?

2 Likes

not do whatever I did

1 Like

You ran an rp?

So uh, what sorts of stuff did you do?

I let you perform an atomic elbow with the greatest deliberation

honestly Hour of Heroes was just really weak in general; maybe something post-apocalyptic might be able to hold attention better? If people aren’t as GM-reliant (and actually incentivized to post more often like with OA) it might have a better chance of surviving.

2 Likes

rip Hour of Heroes, I was really excited for the character I was playing in that

2 Likes

I’d be interested, though I’m curious to see if there’s a chance to at least wrap up the other one.

cough cough @Cordax

As for this:

I’m still holding on to the idea for now. I’ll post updates soon.

4 Likes

GROUNDED the RPG

Count me interested. Maybe a pseudo-Empire of Insects echoing game? Less stupid worldbuilding, more sentient bugs.

3 Likes

Sounds fun.

1 Like

Had an Idea for an Rp based in the Command & Conquer Tiberium Universe.

For an idea of the aesthetic.

Would anyone be interested?

Would anybody be interested in a Star Wars RP set toward the end of the Clone Wars where the players will play a squad of Clones stranded on a planet, trying to get rescued? I’ve been wanting to try running an RP at some point, and figured it might be good to start small, so it would probably be fairly short and simple.

5 Likes

It’s clonetrooper Dandy’s time to shine

So I had some ideas that I’m likely not gonna be running any time soon, so maybe someone here will find them interesting enough to toy around with.

Superhero rp AGAIN - except this time it’s an X mansion style scenario with either younger or inexperienced superheroes being trained for possibly malicious purposes

Everyone is stuck on a train - limit the max number of players, and stick 'em all on a train. Old train,new train, future train, it doesn’t matter. Give 'em a murder mystery or something to make the ride interesting.

Old Gods and New Gods - superhero rp, except it’s a whole pantheon in human form. Players’ powers will embolden their motivations, although you will have to bar the not-boards-friendly powersets.

Two-player team rp - give one player no powers and another great powers, and force them to coexist. Groups of two players possibly fighting for a treasured goal or trying to uncover a great mystery.

the conversation - this one is exceptionally risky. force all the players into one space and give them little option but to interact. Push character tension until somebody snaps. Make the solutions seemingly unattainable to push desperation of the characters. Then, after everyone’s good and desperate, throw in some rogue element and see who gets hurt. It would require good players and a cunning gm to pull off.
one way it could work is this: nightmare scenario. there is next to nothing in the room. there is a door. exit the door, there is utter blackness. step into it, there is unbelievable pain and you are returned to the room as if you never left. but you remember the pain.
sometimes the door will display something other than darkness and pain. but it will be a lie. stepping through will lead to darkness and more pain. and things will only get worse from there.
sometimes the solutions will be uncomfortable or unnerving. but it boils down to what each character values the most. themselves, or others?

that’s all I had right now, but I’ll probably add more later when I think of them.

4 Likes