Official Star Trek Discussion Topic

I know this is an old topic
But I somehow never found it until now
I LOVE TNG and TOS, never seen the other series unfortunately… I should! If I ever find time…
Unfortunately, I’ve also never seen any movies besides the new ones, and Generations (Which I really liked :stuck_out_tongue: )
Also, not exactly Star Trek, but Galaxy Quest was an amazing movie.

1 Like

Definitely give DS9 a go. It’s just as good as TOS and TNG, and IMO ends up giving a good conclusion to the Star Trek universe as a whole.

I wouldn’t say Generations is very good, but I do find it enjoyable. First Contact is much better as far as the TNG movies go.

I love Galaxy Quest! Actually, if you count it as part of the Star Trek movie series, it preserves the even/odd rule (even numbered movies are good, odd numbered ones less so). I personally consider it to be a contender for the title of “best Star Trek movie.” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

First Contact is the bomb. Best Trek movie by far. Only complaint would be the Enterprise E not being Galaxy Class

I definitely like First Contact (and it blows all the other TNG movies out of the water), but I would put some of the older movies ahead of it (specifically Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country). FC is a really fun action movie with more substance to it than the reboot movies, but I have some issues with it. I’m not sold that the Borg Queen was a good idea (the Borg are supposed to be so effective because they’re a leaderless collective), there are some issues with the time travel (why didn’t the Borg open the time portal someplace far away and then go to Earth in the past? Why didn’t they go back a few centuries earlier, so there would be less resistance?), there’s no real reason for Starfleet to keep Picard away from the Borg when he’s successfully dealt with them multiple times by now, and it re-uses the Moby ■■■■ (Oops, that’s filtered…you know, it’s the book by Herman Melville about Captain Ahab hunting the white whale. :stuck_out_tongue: ) motif from Wrath of Khan. For the record, I’m stealing most, if not all, of these points from the Red Letter Media review (here, warning: lots of bad language and some tasteless humor). For a more positive/balanced look at it, I recommend the SFDebris review (here, I think it also has some swearing). Lastly, for a look at what makes Wrath of Khan so awesome, I once again recommend the SFDebris review!

That was probably way too long a response. What can I say, I take this stuff seriously! XD

2 Likes

Hey guys, I just found out that Leonard Nemoy. (the guy who played Spock) passed away

4 Likes

“He’s not really dead–as long as we remember him.” --Bones

This is one of very few times the death of an actor has really upset me. He was more than just an actor…he was Spock. And Spock, along with Kirk, is a personal hero to me. The world seems that much emptier without him.

If I may borrow a quote from TNG…Kiazi’s children, their faces wet.

4 Likes

So like, yeah…

1 Like

Kirk. :smiley:

Picard!

eyes @John_Smith malevolently

1 Like

I have about 300+ Star trek tracks and I have watched them all! Including the 6 blockbuster movies, the whole Voyager series and the whole DS9 series. You could say I’m kind of a trekkie.

And, oh yeah, I play Star trek Online.

1 Like

No TNG?

1 Like

I do have about 15 TNG tracks. And some other movies, also the first season of the ‘new’ Enterprise series (200- something)

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean by “tracks?” Also, how much of TOS have you seen? :3

1 Like

I’ve actually seen 1 episode of TOS, and with tracks I meant to say videotapes, I my country we call them that.

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha. I have a few Star Trek things on VHS myself though I’ve replaced most of them with blurays at this point. Anyhow, I definitely recommend watching more of TOS if you can! It’s my favorite series, personally.

2 Likes

so i’m in the process of 3D printing a 3D chessboard…

1 Like

That’s awesome!! Any chance of pics when it’s done? :3

2 Likes

of course
it’ll still be a few days, but i’ll get it eventually

1 Like

I shall be waiting eagerly. :smiley:

1 Like

So um, does anyone else appreciate the Michael Dorn crossover?

2 Likes