Official Star Trek Discussion Topic

I have about 300+ Star trek tracks and I have watched them all! Including the 6 blockbuster movies, the whole Voyager series and the whole DS9 series. You could say I’m kind of a trekkie.

And, oh yeah, I play Star trek Online.

1 Like

No TNG?

1 Like

I do have about 15 TNG tracks. And some other movies, also the first season of the ‘new’ Enterprise series (200- something)

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean by “tracks?” Also, how much of TOS have you seen? :3

1 Like

I’ve actually seen 1 episode of TOS, and with tracks I meant to say videotapes, I my country we call them that.

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha. I have a few Star Trek things on VHS myself though I’ve replaced most of them with blurays at this point. Anyhow, I definitely recommend watching more of TOS if you can! It’s my favorite series, personally.

2 Likes

so i’m in the process of 3D printing a 3D chessboard…

1 Like

That’s awesome!! Any chance of pics when it’s done? :3

2 Likes

of course
it’ll still be a few days, but i’ll get it eventually

1 Like

I shall be waiting eagerly. :smiley:

1 Like

So um, does anyone else appreciate the Michael Dorn crossover?

2 Likes

I do. Dorn did a great job with a not great script in TLR.

3 Likes

Star Trek Beyond Thunderdome is a terrible title… not sure whether the movie will be the same

2 Likes

It has potential. Simon Pegg’s writing it, and he’s a huge Trekkie, so that gives me hope. Also, he’s said that it will be more about “going where no man/one has gone before”

1 Like

The last time a Star Trek film tried to do that we ended up with The Final Frontier which almost included them fighting a personification of Satan;

“In Shatner’s early draft, Kirk is overwhelmed by Zar’s superior numbers of followers and Spock, McCoy and the rest of the Enterprise crew come to believe in Zar’s divinity. Kirk feigns acceptance of Zar’s beliefs to travel with him to the God planet, which to Shatner would be a desolate, fiery waste. When Kirk confronts “God”, the image of the being transforms into that of Satan, and Kirk, Spock, and McCoy split up in their escape. Kirk eludes capture but goes back to save his friends from being carried away to Hell”

1 Like

I think it meant something different there though.

Probably, they’ve cast Idris Elba as the villain, so it should have a pretty epic battle at least

1 Like

here’s my chessboard. it’s almost done, it just needs some things from the hardware store to make it more stable. ignore the thing sticking out the top, it’s temporary.

3 Likes

That’s so legit! And the base is a Starfleet emblem! Awesome job. :smiley:

2 Likes

So… I just read a TNG/X-Men crossover novel from the 90s.

There was a Storm/Picard pseudo-romance, some Wolvorine/Worf fight scenes and a side plot with some “mutants” in the Star Trek universe that was more interesting that what both main casts were doing.

TLDR; it was pretty bad

3 Likes