Official TTV MOC Contest #2: Brickonicle

Nope.

1 Like

It was worth an ask. Also, can we do things like Dimensions packs or Brickheaddz?

Also nope.

i’m probably gonna enter

you’ll know if it goes horribly wrong if you see nothing by 8pm est on february 5th

Ok I lied, 2nd entry made tonight. The last one’ll have to be something good, about $40-60…

3 Likes

here’s my new entry , hope you all enjoy

1 Like

Good evening everyone! I have a few announcements to make.

First of all, thank you all so much to those who have entered. We’ve been following the contest closely and love all the great entries and the massive amount of work that has gone into them. That being the case, we’ve made a few changes.

1. The prizes have been changed. 1st place will receive a $60 set, 2nd place a $40 set, and 3rd place a $20 set. All will be sets from LEGO Shop@Home.

2. Members outside of North America are now eligible for prizes. We will ship internationally.

3. Since this is a late change, we have extended the contest to Feb 12th, an additional week.

We hope you all find these changes to your liking. Again, you have all done great work and we are excited for more. Keep it up, and happy building!

22 Likes

Here’s my entry.
http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/brickonicle-entry-the-theft-of-the-makoki-stone/32815

I need a clarification of the illegal connections. Does a clip-to-clip connection count as illegal? Also, while looking through the presentation on the illegal connections, i found this

and then there’s this set 31045 released in 2016

As this type of connection is no more illegal, i was wondering if the clip-to-clip connection was not considered illegal too? Cause the pieces experience similar stressing.

I’d like to say that I’ve been seeing this a lot this week

Do not put the LEGO logo on any sort of box mock-up you do, if you have/plan to make some. Apparently it’s a… copyright thing. So I’ve removed it from my box images, and I suggest you do the same just to avoid any sort of legal trouble, if it ever ever evevrerevevr vevsrwe rever happens.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Woah, who told you that? That’s just stupid. It’s not like you really are going to release such sets using their logo. Following that line of thought, the Bionicle logo is a trademark too, and they can sue you for using that too. Or that you recreated their characters, who are their property as well.

1 Like

I saw it on a Brickset contest article comment section and the comment came from an official LEGO designer. I also saw someone else say it so I might just stay careful.

If TTV can assure me full protection I will readd it :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi everyone! Here’s the link to my contest entry! Hope I’m putting it in the right place!

1 Like

The clip-tile connection has been legalized since the redesign of the clip piece in 2015.
When it comes to a clip-clip connection, I’m not sure.

6 Likes

QUESTION: I know about the 3 set per person limit, but are we allowed to remove one of our previous submissions ensue of a new one? The extended time period has now given me the time to work on what I really wanted to work on in the beginning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

28 entries so far, nice job everyone! These have just increased my desire for System Bionicle, but even in the likely scenario that we never get that officially, I’m glad we have the community to provide.

2 Likes

Seconded, it was used in the helicarrier.

2 Likes

Here is my entry: [Brickonicle] Vakama's Forge

1 Like