Official TTV MOC Contest #2: Brickonicle

Mainly the concept, however we would still like to see canon characters. So while you can make recreations of events from Gen 1 and 2, you do not have to.

I’ll actually say yes, since while we allow custom and painted pieces, that’s just to try and get the feel and aesthetic of a BIONICLE system set. While it’s happened, LEGO does their best to avoid stressing pieces and using illegal connections.

6 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

This might make me actually build something, so I’ll enter. Though I must say, being in the UK, I am kinda disappointed about being immediately ineligible for first place…

1 Like

Seems like a nice contest, too bad I won’t be able to participate :cry:.
Unfortunately I don’t have the time to dedicate to such a project.

3 Likes

I have the perfect idea.

I like where this is going, but I have a few questions before I enter:

1. You said this will be based on canon characters only. Does that mean we could make our own interpretation of the characters -say I wanted to make Vezon a happy gleeful toa, for example. Could we have the “story” set in other Universes, say The Kingdom alternate dimension?

2. I have a topic revolving around my own version of system Generation 3, which you can find here. Could I use some of these character models?

3. I have my own Matoran and, essentially, Turaga, on that same topic as well. Could I introduce those characters in my sets? Of course I’ll have Tahu and the like as well.

4. Lastly, if we’re working with LDD, would you prefer that the images be rendered with a particular program? And if so, which one would you like use to use?

Thank you in advance!

5.One more thing, would you like us to include a set description/small story, so it’s easier to know what’s going on? Would the same apply if we use own own characters?

2 Likes

You can count me in. :thumbsup:

I have an answer to the last question, kinda.
No original characters for this. Eljay says it’s restricted to canon G1/2 characters.

2 Likes

Welp, there goes my originality…

This’ll be fun.

Not gonna win by a long shot, but here goes nothing… to LDD!

Edit: @Eljay since custom painted pieces are allowed does that mean I can use LDD Extended mode?

1 Like

About custom/painted pieces, will some degree of photoshop/editing be allowed to create pieces that don’t exist [different helmet molds, etc.]?

Do action features effect the judging?

Hmm, this is interesting. I might try this out.

I’m on holiday right now, can’t wait to get home and get building. Based on the fact that this is supposed to be making a ‘Bionicle system set’ like Lego might actually make it, action features, functions and other things you might find in an officlial build would be important.

1 Like

I’m in. :slight_smile:

oh well

Hmmm… Looks like I’ll be buildin’ some sets. :smiley:

Question: A pivotal point in any Lego set is the minifigures. If one would like to… preserve his minifigures from extreme customization, may we include ‘prelim-esque’ characters that stand in for ‘final’ minifigures?

1 Like

Are we allowed to use third party minifig accessories from places like Brickarms, since custom parts are allowed?

2 Likes
  1. I suppose, just make sure we’re aware of who they are first. And for the sake of simplicity, make sure they showed up in some capacity in the story.
  2. Only the ones you’ve established as the Toa Mata/Nuva.
  3. No, for this they have to be canon G1/G2 characters.
  4. They don’t have to be rendered, but that’d certainly make them look better.
  5. You can, but we won’t require it.

Yes.

Yes, provided it’s somewhat realistic in it’s application, if that makes sense. =P

I won’t say, so just make it as close to what you think a LEGO set for BIONICLE would be.

I’d say that would affect your chances, since the goal here is to present full-on sets, no prototypes.

So long as it’s LEGO or applicable, then yes. So no MegaBloks.

6 Likes