Po-Wahi Stopping Point (TTVC 2 Brickoncle)

PO-WAHI STOPPTING POINT
Set# 31601
Pieces: 88 114
Price: $14.99

Well I made this that is based on that scene in MNOG where Takua first meets Hafu, since I got very little tan pieces, so I used dark tan and reddish-brown as tempting stand ins.

Front

Life Side

Back

Right Side

Minifigures: Av-Matoran Chronicler Takua and Po-Matoran Stone Craver Hafu w/ a Kofu-jaga

No Action Features in the Pathway itself, it only made as a small box or a polybag set.
EDIT: Here is very quick update with a Brick-Built Kofu-Jaga and some Mountains.

10 Likes

w̶h̶y̶ d̶o̶e̶s̶ e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ k̶e̶e̶p̶ u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ b̶a̶t̶m̶a̶n̶ m̶a̶s̶k̶s̶

Is it meant to be a mask carving? If so I can’t quite make out a likeness.

4 Likes

I think Eljay said you can’t have fewer than 100 pieces in the set, not entirely sure on that though

It’s nice looking but the lack of any functions (like explosions or something) detracts from it

1 Like

You should’ve made it brick-built so that it doesn’t seem like a generic scorpion

2 Likes

It’s an okay set, in my opinion.
It definitely pertains to the story, but it’s not a very dynamic scene in general.
The selection of characters in nice, but as @Rockho said the enemy isn’t very threatening. I definitely think that you should expand upon the ‘concept in a box’ idea more, as right now it’s pretty much a rock with figures.
It’s not a bad set; it’s just got a bit of untaped potential. Fix these issues, and it should be a lot better! :slight_smile: I wish you good luck in the contest!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, as for the low-piece count, I mighty miscounting, for the Kofu-Jaga, I might replaced the stander LEGO Scorpion with a brick built one.

EDIT: Well both problems are taking care from with a brick-built Kofu-Jaga and adding some mountains.