Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga Electric Boogaloo

Risa shrugs. “Hey, it looks spooky. Should be a fun camping trip.” She bounces up and down like a child opening a present.

“Okay, first order of business: shush.” She holds a finger up to her mask. An impatient disdain crosses her face as she waits for the two to quiet down, crossing her arms and glancing down at her palm as if looking at an open sundial. Once she’s confident the two have stopped squabbling, she makes a shooing motion, gesturing towards the other end of the cave for the two guards to lead on.

OOC: Obsidian has said that he isn’t really able to come back at the moment, so I guess I’ll pick up this conversation? :stuck_out_tongue:

IC: Jaspar nods. “Yeah, we were all the way up north and a huge wave of them swept over the village. My friend and I ran off after Ilza, since we were talking to her at the time. I might have to go back and check on the village at some point…”

Dax places a hand on Blaze’s shoulder. The motion is firm, maybe even grounding. The old guard’s face is stoic, as if chiseled from the rock of his home. Dax can feel his eyes beginning to burn, though, tears stinging at the corners and threatening to break free. When he tries to speak the words choke in his throat, and he wrestles down a sob. A deep breath in… and a deep breath out again. He clears his throat.

“Goodbye, Ekimu. You were the last remains of a better time.” He trails off, taking another deep breath. “May the elements receive you with grace, and may your memory inspire us all.”

4 Likes

“With grace.”

The voice is normal volume, and rumbled with the deep tones familiar to the party. Hidden behind those stoic and impassioned eyes, cloaked under the veil of what might have been an ironic response, lay perhaps a greater capacity for grief than the rest of the party possessed. However, Ekimu was dead, and in that moment nothing would stop The Lord of the Undying Storm. The situation demanded action, and he was the master.

Both arms gently lifted Ekimu from the ground, shifting the body of the mask maker to rest in the bend of his elbow, the crimson blood seeping into his armor. As he rose his free hand held the hammer, and with it, Ekimu’s other arm.

Two burning blue lights turned suddenly upon Dax. What horrors and fears the old guard had faced before now may come readily to mind under the threatening visage of the bold, blue lights. With a slight motion of his hand, the hammer slid from the former grasp of Ekimu and collided with the ground, remaining upright in the snow. “You will wield.”

The severed shoulder was laid reverently over Ekimu’s cloaked corpse as the Lord of the Undying Storm widened his stance to address the whole party. “If we intend to rest, it must be immediate. We will relocate to a more adept area for such a purpose. If not, we will travel directly across the mountain range to the mask maker city. No additional stops will be made. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind.”

With a wicked stare his glowing eyes challenged any potential resistance to the command. The only reason he could personally see for resting would be to secure Blaze’s arm before he bled out from the injury, but if there was any dissatisfaction with this rather hypocritical assuming command, the clenched fist the size of the chest of any potential challenger painted a clear picture of the outcome.

“Decide.” The moon shone directly behind him, silhouetting his massive frame against the darkness with the scattered party as its audience.

Thump thump thump

Morrus turned an annoyed glare towards Risa, still not bothering to comment. She was seriously ruining his philosophical questioning of vague emotional reactions to unknown circumstances.

2 Likes

The Adventurer slowly swiveled on his heel to face the source of the voice “Jasper?” Hoari intoned, the adventurer pointed at the Shadow realm fanatic then towards the direction they heard his voice coming from just moments ago. “but you were just over there-“ his voice faltered “how long have you been behind us?
He pinched his arm to confirm that he wasn’t dreaming, alas he didn’t wake up in the library in a cold sweat.

I’m loosing it then… he opened his canteen, looked inside then took a whiff. Doesn’t smell expired.

1 Like

“S-shouldn’t we bury him first?” Suggested Twenty Three.

“Uh, right.” Was all the gruff wolfen could muster up to say.

“Fine, fine, place your hand on the left side of the right wall and follow it until you reach where you’re going.”

2 Likes

“This,” The Lord of the Undying Storm motioned around him, “is not a grave. He will find his final rest at his home, not here.”

It was obvious he did not appreciate the silence from the rest of the party. “Anyone else?” A twisted brow framed the piercing lights which swept the party, looking for an answer.

2 Likes

“We bring him home,” Blaze said as he put on his fire mask and tried to cauterize the stump of his arm, “he deserves a proper burial.” He finished with a grimace.

2 Likes

“Here, lemmie get that for you,” Twenty Three replied, lifting the mask from Blaze’s face and trying to drain its power.

1 Like

Blaze grabs her hand as she reaches for his mask, “I can handle it.” He says as he tries to collect the Psionic mask.

1 Like

“Respectfully, you just got yer hand chopped off.”

1 Like

“I’ve had masks explode in my face, a lot.” He says, “I can handle cauterizing my own arm.”

1 Like

“Suit yourself.”

1 Like

He nods as he tries to stand up with the Psionic mask tucked in his arm.

1 Like

“Is there anything I can do to help?”

1 Like

“I don’t know.” He says.

1 Like

“W-well, I think I know someone who can help you with your arm.”

1 Like

“Who?” He asks.

1 Like

“The Beast King, I mean, he made me, surely he could make an arm.”

1 Like

“Perhaps, but I think I need some time before I consider whether or not I take you up on that offer.” He says.

1 Like

“It’s the least he could do after all that Fourty Four has taken from you.”

1 Like

“Along with returning what 44 stole.” He said, “but, I will repeat, I will need time to think things over and internalize the recent events.” He says, trying to get to The Storm.

2 Likes