Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“Every couple years or so.” Creath shrugged. “Trust me, this isn’t the weirdest thing you’ll encounter.”

1 Like

“However, we may catch a small current on the way. That could lower the amount you need to row.” He addends. He didn’t seem to care about Bramble’s sulk, he just realized he forgot information.

1 Like

Hoari looked at the great city that laid before him. It was quieter than he expected, but then again it was in the middle of the night. Hoari had heard down the grapevine that there was a massive library in this city. He groaned. He hadn’t been this close to his hometown since, well Since his parents tried and failed to force him into a marriage. He hated the fact that they could be in this very city, good thing he got here at… what time was it? He looked up, judging by the position of the moon it was between 12 and 1am. “The witching hour great.” Hoari took a swig from his canteen. “Egh. I’m gonna need to get some new food while I’m in town.” He noted as pulled out his sack and checked how much money he had left. “ Three no five widgets. Might need to do some jobs around here.” Hoari closed his sack and replaced it in his bag before continuing into the city. Smack down the Main Street was a building he recognized as a forge, but it was more ornate and beautiful than any other one he had seen.

“Neat.” Hoari commented on as he looked around town, he eventually found a market, it was empty of course, but that was to be expected. Posted on one of the booths was a poster upon closer inspection it seemed to be advertising a reward for finding a missing person an Heir to be specific. “Contact…contact where’s the contact? AH! There you are. Wait!” Hoari quickly snatched the poster and stuffed the parchment into his bag. “I am not having my stupid parents ruin my adventure.” Hoari said to himself as he inspected all the other booths and removed any posters that his parents must have put up. Confident that he had managed to retrieve all of them he continued on his way. Where’s that library?” He yawned as he walked down the empty streets. Hoari was tired he would stop at an inn, but he didn’t have the money for that. Instead, he would usually camp outside any libraries he found and would wait for them to open. After about 10 minutes he did manage to find the building he was looking for. “Finally!” He sighed a sigh of relief as he sat down his back laying against the door. Nobody was around, but that didn’t really matter since he was a light sleeper so if anybody did try to steal his stuff he would notice.

Ooc wow that took a while.

In for the surprise of his life, the door was unlocked. If Hoari did attempt to lean on it, he would fall inside the building, where the lights were on, chatter was coming from down the isles, and a severed hand was lying on the floor.

1 Like

Hoari’s head hit the floor with a thud. “Ow! Who leaves a door unlocked at night! You’re practically asking for something to be stolen.” He whispered as he stood up, he was now in a library and library rules are sacred, well they were sacred as he let out a yelp as he laid his eyes on the severed hand. “Alright. That’s definitely something I haven’t seen before, might have to censor this one for the kiddos.” He said as he retrieved his sword it glinted in the moon light. He slowly made his way into the library. Around the left back row, or as most libraries were laid out the cooking section was light, someone, maybe the culprit or culprits were over there. “Wonder if any ones making Okotan stew?” He joked as he nudged the hand. “Heh…too soon?” He said as he headed over towards the main counter and grabbed a bell that was sitting there, it would make a great distraction, but only If the thing he threw at it landed on the ringer. Hoari now equipped with a suitable distraction headed to the isle two rows to the right and placed the bell down right at the entrance, all he had to do now was get on the isle over and push over a few books now.

“Stupid klutz.”

The murmur came from the entrance area, followed by the creak and groan of a chair. If he bothered to look out from the isle, he would notice The Soil stooping to retrieve the hand.

1 Like

Hoari could hear the chatter more clearly now earlier he could make out only a few choice words since they were whispering, good to know they weren’t the only one’s that respected the rules even if they probably were cannibals. Hoari listened closely, in time he found out about that they were well aware of the presence of a cannibal.

Hoari froze, that voice wasn’t one from the group on isle in front of him, it had come from his left. Hoari turned quickly, but wasn’t fast enough to spot the Soil, but he had managed to get a glimpse of the severed hand retreating into the darkness. The sight made him shiver, unfortunately shivering was just enough to knock a book off the shelf and ring the bell.
“Ah!” He shouted as he jumped and quickly turned around, unfortunately (again) his sack hit the shelf in front of the probably cannibals. Hoari winced as he heard several books behind him fall, he turned around and made eye contact with the intruders. “Lovely evening for a Midnight snack isn’t it!” Hoari yelled the first one-liner that came to mind, in turn getting a good enough approximate size of the building he was in. @rainsong @meepinater @TheMightyObsidianDude @Ghid

“Ha ha.” Morrus deadpans in response. “No, seriously, who is- THAT?!”

Morrus’ violent reaction is in response to somehow having ended almost directly under a large Gukko piloted by Streke and Tarkur (@meepinater @Tarkur). Vines instantly whipped themselves around Risa’s legs as the Lord of the Skies suddenly ducked back, likely scaring the Gukko in the process.

1 Like

@meepinater, @Ghid Tarkur tries to calm the bird but they are loosing ground fast, “Brace for impact!” Tarkur shouts, “This might be a rough landing.” He continues.

1 Like

Streke yelled in alarm.
“WHAT IN EKIMU’S NAME IS GOING ON?!”

1 Like

“I’m not sure but something scared the Gukko!” Tarkur lets out a touch of irritation in his voice as he frantically looks around to look for a cause. Seeing as they would most likely crash either way so he was more interested in why. After a few minutes his eyes locks onto Morrus @Ghid “Whatever scared the Gukko, might be connected to him.” he notifies Streke @meepinater pointing at Morrus as the Gukko continues to decend uncontrollably.

Streke glares at Morrus, drawing his sword.

2 Likes

“They’re gonna crash. They can’t crash.”

Morrus looked back at Risa for a moment before diving after the flailing Gukko. If the Gukko could right itself in time, it might look as if Morrus was trying to ram them.

Tarkur draws his fire bow as he sees morrus approaching them from above. The gukko was still in a frenzy but its decent was getting slower like if the bird was getting a grip on the situation.

“I don’t know but I’ll bet you it will get messy” Tarkur replies, taking aim.

“Focus on getting the gukko under control, I got this.” Streke said.

1 Like

Hoari pointed his sword at the maybe cannibals “Names! All three of you!” He ordered as he moved to their isle “And one of you better tell me why you’re here at midnight and why there’s a dead body at the entrance!” He finished as he looked over his and their shoulders checking if the ‘thing’ that stole the severed hand was anywhere nearby.

@TheMightyObsidianDude @meepinater @rainsong @Ghid

“Why are you here?”

If he couldn’t see the Soil before now, he might notice something pointing at him from the corner of the room by the entrance - namely, an arm bone. “This is a library so keep your voice down son, I’m trying to recollect.”

2 Likes

“You think I want to be in a building with at least 4 cannibals.” He answered honestly before promptly seeing a bone, maybe from an arm, gesturing at him. Hoari looked the maybe cannibals over, one had Snow White and pale blue armor she most likely belonged to the ice tribe(@TheMightyObsidianDude) . The one now holding the light source was lanky and belonged to the element of stone(@rainsong) , and last but not least was a villager who had spiked armor and a pair of scopes on his mask, he would almost be threatening if it wasn’t for his small and wiry frame (@meepinater) . Each one appeared to shake as he looked at them, well that was until Hoari realized he was the one trembling. “Answer me you cowards.” He commanded “I have elemental powers and I’m not afraid to use them!” He bluffed as he steadied himself.

“And you! You said you were trying to recollect! Recollect what exactly?” (@Ghid)

1 Like

“Ugh… fine, kid” Tarkur says a bit reluctantly before putting away his bow. To get control of the Gukko

1 Like

Creath stared at Hoari. "Can you be quiet, I’m trying to help these people. Geez, the nerve of the people in this town.

Streke frowned. “I’m not even that young.”
He hefted his sword, watching the enemies carefully.

2 Likes