Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“By the looks of these roots, I’d say a while.”

1 Like

“Baring accidents, I’m sure you’d live forever,” Twenty Three opined.

1 Like

“Eh, fair enough. I’m surprised you didn’t come up with a name during that time.” He shrugs.

Ekimu chuckles. “That is the way it seems sometimes, isn’t it?”

2 Likes

“Yes I understand that,” The Lord of the Undying Storm retorted impatiently. “But how does that have-”

He suddenly stopped silent. The irritated expression on his face went blank, and even Twenty Three opening her dumb canine mouth didn’t make it return as he resumed looking forward across the icy wastes.

“You seem eager.” His voice is almost attacking the figure below him. There’s a terrible presence behind the statement.

3 Likes

“Eh, I’ll think of one eventually.” He rubs his chin. “Wait. I don’t know your name either. She’s Keya, but I didn’t get yours.”

“They will never learn if I never have the opportunity to teach,” he says, ignoring the sudden break in the Storm’s words.

“Heh, you’re right. I’m Vohman.” He snaps a lazy salute.

1 Like

“Vohman, huh.” He smiles.

The fact that he still has his hand on the tool draws his attention. "Oh, almost forgot- " He starts to pull the tool out of the ground, though the task seems to be a greater feat for him to handle.

The Lord of the Undying Storm waited for Ekimu to respond to his statement, but he never did. Maybe he knew the message behind it and was trying to avoid it. Maybe he just didn’t care. But whatever the reason, the Storm was a fierce opponent in every capacity. He would never relent.

“Why are you trying to find the Betrayer?” Two piercing eyes looked down from the dark eyelids surrounding them. The masterful air so familiar to the Storm became heavily present, but he knew it would have no effect on the seasoned mask maker. It just made him feel more intimidating.

@Flux “I’m here to restore my honour and take my rightful place as leader of the Dark mist” Skipper says as he walks towards his cell door giving it a punch, “She has to pay for her actions. They will fear the day they heard the name Bluewind!” He concludes.

@meepinater, @Ghid, @rainsong, “I’d assume knowing Blaze, he most likely would have been travelling to find Erebos with Ekimu.” Tarkur starts, “So why don’t we team up? we apparently have a common goal” Tarkur suggest.

1 Like

Morrus gulped hard.

“It definitely can’t hurt to have greater numbers.” He shrugged. Please, if you exist, Fate, I was joking about the whole kicking thing. Honestly. Take it up with my lawyer if you don’t believe me.

Spreading his wings, Morrus gave a test flap and then ascended into the air with a sudden burst of speed, likely erasing the writing in the soil as he did so.

2 Likes

@meepinater, “We better get going then, if we want to keep up.” Tarkur motions Streke as he walks to the gukko

Ekimu stares ahead. “”…I pursue him because he is a threat. A threat my brother and I had long ago locked away, but one my brother seems intent on unleashing once again. I will not, cannot, stand by while the past rears its head."

“…you want some help with that?”

Risa cheers, hanging onto the vines as Morrus takes to the skies.

1 Like

Jevis began working on a fire in the middle of the jungle campsite.

1 Like

“Aren’t we bringing him along?” Hoari coughed. “They’re also looking for information Just like us- I mean me, I have no idea what you and the others want, but that’s besides the point. Plus that ‘ability’ they showed off earlier it could be really useful.”

1 Like

The Lord of the Undying Storm bit his lip for a moment. Maybe it would be best if he returned to the original conversation and din’t continually antagonize Ekimu for seemingly having a death wish.

For now.

“Are you sure the past ever left?” He glanced again at Ekimu. “As long as this island has existed it has been relentlessly bombarded by threats. I have played both sides of the coin. I saved Okoto from peril only to throw it back into jepoardy.”

“And then your brother. And then your brother again. And then again. And now,” The Storm’s voice was rising as he spoke, and he had to clear his throat in order to get himself to quiet down. “And now due to the immediate lack of an antagonistic force the Betrayer has arrived seemingly from the grave in order to be a nuisance.”

The overbearing antagonism returned with no warning of its arrival. “You say you cannot stand idly by while the past rears its head, but I see six mask makers imparting their title and knowledge on two brothers shortly before their self-imposed exile and demise. You say you are preventing the cycle. I say you are perpetuating it.”

“So this is a pretty obvious question.” Morrus asked, starting to circle the pair on the ground. “But do we just leave? I was fully expecting my br- the Storm to whip us to a pulp and let us return empty-handed, but I KNOW if we come across Erebos there won’t be graves to dig.”

The Soil, hearing every word of the conversation, rolled his actual eyes and tried putting the cloak on inside out. Kids. I don’t really know why I bother accepting gifts from them; they always end up wanting something in return.

Ekimu was nice. I miss Ekimu. He took the cloak off again and tried putting it on properly. Those more recent memories tell me he was alive about twenty years ago, but is he still alive now?

2 Likes

Ekimu scowls. “And what would you suggest? Standing idly by as the people of this island are terrorized and slaughtered? I admit, I may not know how to break this cycle you speak of, but I can at least do my best to shield the people from it and enable the next generation to succeed where I could not. If I am to bear fault for that, then I shall proudly carry it to my grave.”

“So what, you just want to not fight him? Dunno about you, but I don’t get paid if we run back with our tails between our legs. Might as well give it a shot; we can always run if things get annoying.” She shrugs.

Jaspar sighs, and leans in close, lowering his voice. “Look, kid, I don’t trust him. What kind of person eats corpses? For all we know he’s dangerous, and I’m not putting her through that.”

3 Likes

Hoari shrugged “I guess you’re right.” Hoari quickly glanced back at the soil. “Should you tell them or do you want me to?”

1 Like

“Why don’t you go ahead and tell him; he doesn’t seem to hate you as far as I can tell. I’ll go find Ilza, and then we can figure out what to do next.” He stands, poking around to see where Ilza ended up last night. @TheMightyObsidianDude

2 Likes

Streke nods and jogs after Tarkur to the gukko.

2 Likes

“No,” The Lord of the Undying Storm attempted to pinch the bridge of his nose, but found out very easily that he was wearing a helmet and really couldn’t. “You didn’t stand by before, and you never will no matter the circumstance. And neither will the next Mask Makers after they effectively learn the method of hitting metal until it becomes a face.”

“That mask and that title were given to you along with a great burden to protect the people, so maybe I’m just not inspired enough to understand this pigheaded approach to defending the world.” He spat. “You have the power and position to personally train your very own army, and equip them with such capability that even I would not be able to contend with them. But instead you march out into the middle of the frozen north, directly to where the fiend is headed, and if one thing - even one - goes so much as minutely incorrect with this masterful scheme of yours, the only thing this cavalcade you’ve strung together will be capable of is lining the streets with rose petals at your funeral!”

In spite of his prior attempt to calm down, he had raised his voice at the end of his sentence with a dramatic flourish of his cape and an accusatory finger jabbed in the mask maker’s face. A second or so passed where he held the pose, but if the mask maker decided not to whirl out his hammer and partially implode the Storm’s face, he might notice the piercing blue eyes staring down out of their hollows were frightened and trembling in spite of the angry bluff.

“You get paid?” Morrus grumbled.

3 Likes