Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Streke grinned. “Sounds good to me.”

2 Likes

Jaspar frowns, doing a mental tally of the occasions he had come across. “That’s… a lot more than I realized. Does that include Makuta’s attack 20 years ago, or the skull spider attack three years ago?”

Ekimu makes his way up the mountain, following the tracks up the slope. He glances back periodically to check that the others are following, but largely keeps his eyes on the trail. @meepinater @Tarkur @Flux @Ghid

Risa giggles, patting Morrus on the head. “Not quite. It’s a temple to the creature of the jungle. Never been there, but the pathfinders said it was somewhere in the south? Just off the Uxen River, I think.”

1 Like

“Ah, of course, the Uxen river.” Morrus nodded. “I was definitely there when that was named, very easy to find, yep.”

The brown mountains slowly turned to green slopes as Morrus slowly craned his head around far enough to glare at Risa. “Yeah it’s just gonna be easier if you point.”

The Lord of the Undying Storm is showing the first signs of being done with hiking all day long, wobbling slightly as the terrain, now thoroughly covered with snow, had larger rocks which were unpredictable for the Storm’s wide feet. Still, he trudged on, looking up in perfect unison with Ekimu looking back at him and immediately looking back down again, somehow ending up with perfect timing every time.

Maybe if I’m lucky, Erebos’ll kill me suddenly. Better yet, maybe he’ll kill the dog.

2 Likes

Twenty Three continued to walk, quietly, and keeping pace with Ekimu and the others.

1 Like

“Hmm…” Risa leans over, squinting at the ground far below. “Yeah, I’m not used to navigating from up here. We’re supposed to be going south. I think.”

1 Like

Tarkur follows the group.

2 Likes

Streke was helping Dakron trek up the slope carefully.

2 Likes

Morrus looked at the slope of the mountains and dug into his brain to recall precise directions. Tipping his wings, the pair slowly turned south, the wide expanse of the region of jungle lying below them as Morrus, not wanting to get too lost in the sea of trees, stayed within sight of the southern mountain range.

“…Actually, I don’t think either of us can see a river with these many trees.” He mumbled, trying to determine anything at all in the ocean of leaves below. “Does the temple thing extend above the trees?”

1 Like

Soon they’d eventually see a massive tree in the distance, one that far surpassed the size of any of the nearby trees. I’m talking like animal kingdom tree of life big.

2 Likes

Morrus started when he saw the tree. “How in the… Has that been here the whole time and I just haven’t seen it?”

As he got closer and closer, the two would see an assortment of creatures, most similar in appearance to twenty three, cutting away at portions of the tree, collecting an assortment of resources from it.

Morrus couldn’t quite tell who the figures were or what they looked like, but… What they were doing was more than obvious: Destroying the greatest, grandest tree Morrus had ever seen in his life.

And that really ticked him off.

“You made a comment about slicing fingers earlier.” Morrus hollered back to Risa. If she was paying attention, she would see thorns extend across his wings, and the leaves on his body grew larger and more jagged.

Get ready.

Morrus broke into a dive, swooping towards the base of the tree, fully prepared to make these whoever-they-were very sorry. @rainsong

EDIT: Ok Eljay, I’ll give you your kneecaps back. Just, stop with the quote thing, okay please?

2 Likes

“Hello travelers!” Greeted one of the wolfen, seemingly oblivious to the threat that they were in.

1 Like

“Wait am I cutting them or not, they seem friendly.” Risa has one hand on her shears, though she hasn’t drawn them yet.

2 Likes

“What can we help you with?” Asked another, with a dopey look on his face.

“Hi, uh, we’re looking for a ‘Beast King’, ancient tree deity, supposed to be somewhere around here? You know where we could go?” Her hand stays on the handle of her shears.

1 Like

“Oh yes, he is a most caring and gracious host. He will be happy to see you. You will find him in the inner chambers of our encampment here.”

Morrus had stopped his dive short with a very hazardous landing after the polite greeting, but shot unkind glares into the skulls of everyone he could see. Wait… They’re all stupid dog people? Have we soared through a portal into a plain of torment?

“Please, lead us there.” Morrus commented, with a shifty glance at Risa. I’m gonna kick this Beast King so hard he’ll wear his hip bones for a hat.

2 Likes

“Follow us weary travelers,” The lead Wolfen replied, beckoning them to follow,“Is there anything we can get for you?”

2 Likes

Morrus trudges after him, not thinking to change position and allow Risa the opportunity to get off his back. “Oh, we’re quite alright, thank you.” The bird-like plantman was too busy boring holes into the dopey eyes of the bizarre biped wolves to be concerned with comfort.

“…Actually, an explanation would be nice.” Morrus cocked his head. “This forest is full of trees. Why are you cutting down the biggest, grandest one of them all?”

EDIT: eljay im literally sobbing please stop have mercy I didn’t mean what i said about your hair looking stupid