Okotan Adventures: The Dark (Signups)

Would Palios still be under the affects of the

At this point?

2 Likes

Yes, although he could raise the point to the dear mask maker and possibly get some assistance.

Although Makuta might not be in the mood…

EDIT: man I love going from the brooding malicious confidence of Makuta to the complete social ineptitude of Tullus

3 Likes

Aight I’ll get a post out sometime after 5:00

1 Like

In Europe, it is now some time after 5:00.

Makuta:

3 Likes

Didn’t knock on that door fast enough so the door knocked on me.

@MakutaOisli

3 Likes

@MakutaOisli Henan is on the opposite end of the room and Ilya is conversing with Makuta in hushed tones while other noise is present. There is no way he could have eavesdropped without first crossing the room, so I’m going to ignore that post.

uhh
What kinds of jobs exist for fire Okotans in this universe?

1 Like

Mask making is a trade, but hardly exclusive to fire Okotans, and it also wouldn’t really exist yet, since Ekimu and Makuta have a monopoly on it. Basically any trade that seems like it would be useful at this point in time without the aid of modern equipment would be viable. Farming, pottery, hunting, fishing, seamanship, boatmaking, et cetera.

1 Like

do they do lava farming?

1 Like

Blacksmithing would prolly be a common trade

1 Like

good idea

2 Likes

um

also @TheMOCingbird looks like you’ve got a new one to draw

1 Like

Imma ask these questions OOC, because Cheshie should realistically know them already.

How much of each region is settled so far? Where does the Dark come into this if we’re going to be looking for replacements as well as the original Elders? Is Makuta expecting us to find the needed replacements on the way to finding the lost Elders? If the whole island isn’t settled yet, then why bother going to each region? How much of the island does the Dark envelop? and is there a chance we’ll get to see Hitora? Sorry for the barrage of questions, just wanted to clear this stuff now as apposed to later.

2 Likes

The Elders, shortly after arriving and setting up the civilization, immediately fled to the furthest elemental point on the island to set up even more cities, starting a massive cultural divide between those who preferred to live wherever they chose and keep their armor gold - neutral - and those who chose to follow their inner element and seek out their respective region. The Dark has consumed the majority of the island outside of a safe strip of land from the city of the mask makers down to the coast, and at all the places where the Elders have set up shop.

Nothing is settled in each region outside of the capital city. For the region of Stone, the larger, more infamous city has also been constructed.

Rather than take the safest route - skirting around the edge of the whole island to get to each region - this intrepid band will be taking the most direct route to each of the capital cities. This is without a doubt more dangerous, as Hunters have recently become a significant threat to all involved parties, and people who have entered any portion of the Dark tend not to come back. Imagination alone can dictate what else lies closer to the heart of the massive forest.

If an Elder cannot be located, the party is instructed to find the best-equipped substitute. There might not always be a good substitute available.

Because the Elders are at each capital, and they are the best chance of recovering Ekimu. Unfortunately, each of the respective villages are reporting an absence of their Elders. They might be lying, though.

Around 75-80%. The Dark is in reference to any portion of forest the Hunters have unfettered control over, and most Hunters are the size of a Toa, and at least as strong, making the odds of killing one very bad.

Hitora would have disappeared through the time slip just before the events of this RP. You may hear mention made of his passing, however, since he had some level of notoriety and at least one of the major NPCs knew of him very well.

3 Likes

Awesome, this clears up a lot. How quick/reliable is communication between the different capital cities?

I’ll take it.

Messenger birds are the primary means of communication, and can reach their intended target if uninterrupted in a matter of hours. A lot of these random lore bits were stuff players came up with on their own and without gm permission in the last two OA RPs, and I’ve been forced to take them into account here.

As for reliability, it’s mostly a matter of not sending messages directly across the heart of the Dark and hoping no Hunters decide to look up.

2 Likes

Gocha.

Yeah, sorry bout’ that. Although with certain lore tis bits like that I’m sure you could just say those methods just haven’t been established yet.

2 Likes

Also, since Tullus is here, is Tussul still gonna show up? They seem kinda super similar.

Question,I was wondering if perhaps henan could have some sort of affiction,due to his negligence of normal things such as rest,food,and other vital needs.