Okotan Adventures: The Dark (Signups)

It’s our favorite grumpy mask maker but as a hooman because drawing okotans gets boring sometimes. I may get around to drawing more of the crew as humans if y’all are okay with that.

and don’t tell Ghid, but makuta’s design was inspired by Jet from Cowboy Bebop

2 Likes

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHY DOES HIS FACE LOOK LIKE A MONKEY

His arms are jacked but his torso is slim as can be, his eyes are very large and rather high on his head, AND HE LOOKS LIKE THE BABOON FROM ICE AGE

All in all, as soon as I saw this image all the veins in my hands stuck out. Now I know why.

3 Likes

yeah, I always run into that problem, but only realize it once I’m done with the face, and at that point I don’t want to redo the whole thing and screw it up with eraser marks.

just what I was going for :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

but just think: then t wouldn’t look like that

2 Likes

It looks neat but yes his head does look very monkeylike.

1 Like

Ghid is typing…

That baboon is blue and carries a barbed broadsword :eyes:

7 Likes

Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up.

6 Likes

a mighty fine railroad typo

3 Likes

Post coming later today

1 Like

that clearly never happened, um… read it again.

It

???

5 Likes

Leftover my grammar checker forgot to make me aware of

Thanks grammar checker very cool.

3 Likes

So, couple questions. How much do Okotan’s know about the hunters? Do we speak the same language? Has communication between the two races really been tried yet, and if so, how’d it go? (I’m guessing not very well)

plural =/= possessive

So a lot of the lore of OA was developed by Flux, and it was extremely spotty and overly complex, but I’ll try to recall things as best I can:

At this point in time, no, there has been no opportunity for either party to learn the other’s language. Communication hasn’t been attempted, as both sides hate each other for existing. Of course, each individual character is entitled to unique opinions.

3 Likes

I gotta start a running tally of the times you’ve corrected my grammar

Okie, I’m sure the actions we take here will ensure a future harmony between Okotans and Hunters, and the two races will continue to coexist for centuries to come!

3 Likes

mmm yes that is exactly what will happen

1 Like

Oh the actions within the next few seconds will solidify the characters’ opinions of hunters for the rest of the game, I’m sure

4 Likes

I hate my short term memory

Also this is technically an update: @TheMOCingbird please don’t OOC-only post in the rp pleanse and thancc you

1 Like

very confused and very important note

is this all Tullus speaking or all the Hunter or both and in what combination?

3 Likes

As I said above on the post you liked, son :dizzy_face:, no Okotan-to-Hunter communication has been officially tested as of yet. If there’s a Hunter who can speak the Okotan language, he’s most certainly not going to be a kid.

4 Likes

Ilya has a bow now? And you’re controlling him?? Is Ilya secretly Tullus this whole time???

ye, my bad, thought I was on the signups topic

3 Likes