Okotan MOCs: Orina and Hener

Hey there!
I made these Okotan MOCs and I hope you enjoy them!

RIght: Orina, A villager from the region of Earth, she was born without her right arm and she lost her left arm in a mining accident.

Left: Hener, A young Okotan from the region of ice, and also an orphan.
(More backstory coming later)

The miners mine for energy crystals which can provide power for industrial machines. Mining safety regulation forces each miner to where lights on their feet so other miners can see them if they are lost and so they can be sure not to fall off a cliff or such.

On her right forearm, she has a rock shield to shield herself from falling debris (from cave ins) and from skull spider attacks.

As a small child, Hener is everything a child is: funny, cute, and easily offended.

Oh, did I forget to mention that Orina is Hener’s Mother? (yes he is adopted)

Some regular build shots:

Here is a height comparison to two of my other Okotan MOCs (see below), a skull spider, and skull slicer.

The link to my other two Okotan MOCs:
http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/my-okotan-mocs-rivak-and-tanala/22331

So what do you all think?
Comments and constructive criticism are appreciated!

9 Likes

Not so much a fan of the earth one caus of the messiness it has, but it’s ok.

As for the ice one I feel like the body is too tiny compared to the limbs, but my biggest complaint is the hero core…why?

All in all these are ok but could be better.

1 Like

Wait…how was Orina born it hour her right arm…if she still has it…? :confused:

And did Hener join the Hero Factory!? :stuck_out_tongue:

The MOC’s themselves are alright, seem quickly built.

I like Hener’s style. That bizarre symbol on his chest…it speaks to me…

1 Like

Easily offended?
Eh, that’s actually true…

Savage
I like your style.

Anyway, they’re kinda lanky, you should shorten their limbs, orina could really benefit from a headlamp, and the core needs to go.
That custom torso is pretty solid. :thumbsup:

I put the hero core because it cover up a blue pin, the MOC needed more white (I didn’t have white feet nor hands), and the first letter of his name starts with an “H.” IDon’t really know how to get rid of the messiness. I’ll just keep experimenting!:grinning:

@Saxton The skeleton limb is supposed to represent a replacement robotic limb. With the Hero core, it’s answered above.

@RaptorTalon Thanks!
@Hutere_the_Toa_of_Air I figure it makes sense.
@Payinku Yeah I could shorten Orina’s limbs (not sure about Hener’s). Headlamp as a light source or a part of the MOC? THe core is answered in the first reply comment thing. I’m glad someone noticed the custom torsos!:grinning:

Thank you all!

1 Like

The ice one has disturbingly low shoulder placement.

I’ve got to say Orina and Hener look fine.
Though Orina should have some armor coverage on her limbs and Hener needs more white on him.