Okoto in Minecraft (Map/Experiment) UP FOR DOWNLOAD!

I know where Korgot’s hut is.

Already found that, too (the tomb)

MMMMMMMMM THATS NUT FAAAIR

There’s a clue in the book. :wink:

For some reason, all of the newer snapshots don’t work for me. Has anyone else had this problem, or have any idea of how to fix it?

Minecraft begins to launch, and the little progress bar loads all the way, but then it simply resets and the Game Output doesn’t load.

i’ve used the link but the map seems to be corrupted. each time, i spawn in the ocean, and the map is messed up in general… i think you need to check the file…

Are you running the latest snapshot?

1.9? or 1.8? cause i ran it in 1.8.8 release

That would be your problem!

You need the latest 1.9 snapshot. I also highly recommend that you get a new save file; the one you opened in 1.8 is undoubtedly corrupted. :confused:

i opened it in 1.9 and it works :slight_smile: so yea i goofed

1 Like

Is there any way to get the map on the PS4 edition of Minecraft? Or is it PC only?

As far as I’m aware, there’s no way to port it.

You might be able to get the map itself in somehow, but I can guarantee that the game mechanics won’t work. :confused:

So, after playing the map: (I do know this is just a test for now, but here is my input)

Overall, the map textures and locations were great! However, the earth region and ice region were a bit funny. The earth region was covered in holes (that didn’t go anywhere, mind you) and was difficult to travel through. This may have been your intention; however, having tons of random holes (to me) doesn’t seem like the way to do it. Maybe instead add tall, crystalline spikes or something of that nature.

As for the ice region, my only fault with it is that there a are a bunch of random and tiny ridges everywhere. These IMO looked awkward and out-of-place.

Next, I would say that when you add more villages/huts, make sure that you fill them with loot! As there are no accessible caves around, it is incredibly hard to find useful resources like iron without digging a whole lot, and IMO digging randomly is no fun whatsoever.

Other than that, great work!

Oh, one other issue: when I fought Kulta, I had the mask of Stone on. After the battle, I looked, and lo and behold, the mask had disappeared and I was left with what was termed ‘slag’. Is that supposed to happen? (i.e. Was that your coding or just Minecraft 1.9?)

I’m glad you finally got it working!

Both of the terrain issues were at least somewhat intentional; I figured that it wouldn’t make sense for the glassy, crystalline obsidian plains to be flat and smooth. Same goes for the rocky, frosted slopes.

I’ve gotten quite a bit of criticism regarding the lack of huts. I would have made more to start with, but I didn’t really feel that it would be true to what we actually know about the island if I just arbitrarily dropped a village that we’ve never seen somewhere.

As for the mask thing, that is one of kulta’s attacks. During the fight did you notice a burst of red stone particles? That’s the indicator. I might add that you can perform the same attack by holding the mask stealer staff until you emit particles and then sneaking.

Yay! Glad this is finally up. I’ll be trying it out ASAP

1 Like

Wow, the finished product is amazing. Great job! :smile:

1 Like

This is rather embarrassing.

A couple snapshots ago, Mojang gave the go-ahead to map makers, but evidently they’re still messing with command formats.

So yeah, hotfix time.:sweat_smile:

It’s not actually anything too big; the only thing it’s broken(as far as I can tell) is the mask of ice’s shield particles and the mask of Jungle’s charged-up particles. That said, you may still want to get the new version if you haven’t already started playing the map.(or you can just stay in a slightly older snapshot)

Download here: Okoto - 2015(use the folder inside)

MAKE SURE YOU ARE RUNNING THE LATEST 1.9 SNAPSHOT

Also, for your trouble…

3 Likes

Yay its Deer Man and Trap Wonder!

you should use custom commands to try to make\Weapons like Ekimu’s hammer, Vizuna’s bow, etc.

also, what are the cords for umarak?

Edited for Double Post.
~Chronicler

Ekimu’s hammer is in an item frame in The Forge. The only other weapon I’ve made, and plan to for the remainder of 2015, is the Mask Stealer Staff.(which drops off Kulta) Aside Reason being, aside from the neccesity to keep gameplay balanced, that I have no good way for players to earn the protectors’ power weapons. You can already find the masks by traveling(which are OP on their own, might I add), so getting even more powerful items to add to your arsenal with relative ease would seem a bit cheap.

Umarak isn’t in the map yet; we don’t know enough about him. When more story information comes out regarding him, I will add him in.(though don’t expect him in the 2015 release… I’m more inclined to hold on to him until the 2016 update)

Also, if anyone hasn’t seen this already, I’m hosting a community game night on this map!

@Garnira Yo dawg where dose forge mask pictures at

what i meant to say is you should use a custom command or texture pack to give the items a 3D model, simply because it would look awesome.
And speaking of the masks, I figured out how to use the mask of stone, but how do I use the other ones?

Also where the hell is the mask of water?