Okoto Mafia: Reawakening Sign-Up Topic

http://i.imgur.com/tu9Fb8Q.png
Thanks @Vuhii. :stuck_out_tongue:

In honor of the roughly one year anniversary since Mafia was introduced the the TTV Message Boards, I have decided to host a new game of Mafia! Spots are limited to only 24unlimited participants, and signups end in roughly three days, specifically 10:00pm EST Sunday, January 31st. (All times will be in EST)

Due to larger interest than anticipated, the sign-ups will be cut off at 10:00pm EST Friday, January 29st.

==STORY INTRO STUFFS==

Kivoda looked out over a small field of graves and tents. The preparations were going as well as could be expected. It had been almost a year since the Skull Illusionists had infiltrated the villages of Okoto, killing many innocent villagers. A select group of villagers had been tasked with preparations for the annual memorial service in honor of their fallen brothers, and Kivoda personally chose to oversee the event. However, it seemed like there was always a few villagers missing at any given time. Even though he wouldn’t admit it, Kivoda had trouble remembering which villagers were missing, since they all had the same face. If only he would have spoke up about the missing villagers, it would have staved off the bloodshed to come.

==BASICA MAFIA STUFF==

This, as you may have surmised from the title, is a game of Mafia with a Bionicle skin over it. Basically that means it’ll be general mafia rules, set in a Bionicle setting. Specifically, Okoto after Ekimu and Makuta were knocked into an endless sleep.

If you don’t know how mafia works, then read on. If you do, skip to the part that says “Residents of Okoto.”

Mafia is a bit of a complex game, but one that once you get the hang of, it’ll be easy. It’s a game that revolves around clever tactics and deception, and, in most cases, luck as well. For the purposes of this game, the players will be divided into two sides: The Villagers, and the Mafia. Each side is trying to kill the other.

After everyone signs up, you’ll be given a role via PM. If that role is Mafia, then you will be part of a team of mafia members, trying to eliminate the remaining villagers. Each “night” (more on that in a bit), you and your fellow mafians will choose one villager to kill. After your decision is made, I will post on here informing everyone of who died, as well as a list of 4 potential suspects (one of whom is the real murderer) for the killing. This is where a good deal of the strategy comes in.

Everyone, villager or mafian, can vote on who they think should be executed for last night’s murder. If you’re a villager, you want to get the Mafian who committed the act. If you’re a Mafian, you want to get a villager lynched in your teammates’ place. Note that you can only vote if you’re alive; the dead have nothing worthwhile to contribute. There will be 24 hours from the announcement of last night’s killing to vote, and you can change your vote up to two times.

In summary…

Villagers, unlike Mafians, don’t know who their fellow “teammates” are. In other words, if you’re a villager, the only person’s role you will know is your own. It’s up to you to try and figure out who the Mafia are, and lynch them. Once someone is lynched/killed otherwise, their role is revealed to all.

Mafians, meanwhile, know who their teammates are (and, by extension, everyone who isn’t a Mafia). Much of the strategy from being Mafia is realizing that you’re outnumbered, and thus, you have to use deception and trickery to fool the real villagers into thinking you’re one of them.

One final thing of note is that all Mafia games run on a “day/night” cycle. During the “night” the Mafians confer among themselves on who to kill. During the “day” the results of last night’s killing are made known, everyone votes on who to lynch for the murder, and then the poor soul who gets convicted has his role revealed as well. The game then shifts to night, and the cycle continues.

The goal, in the end, is for your team to survive. To “win” the game, your side must have some member surviving until the end.

If any of this didn’t make sense, let me know and I’ll be happy to explain

==RESIDENTS OF OKOTO==

As mentioned before, this game has various roles, which will be distributed through PM. Here’s a list of all the roles in this game, as well as how many of them there are.

MAFIA SIDE:

Skull Cultists (approx. 6): These followers of the ancient skull teachings function like basic Mafia. Each night, they will meet under the guise of darkness and choose who they wish to kill. During the day, they will pretend to be villagers, and act innocent while trying to get the real villagers sentenced to death for the crimes they committed.

VILLAGER SIDE:

Villagers (approx. 15): These simple, unassuming townspeople are the last line of defense the city has. They do very little outside of voting on who they believe is guilty for the crime.

Protector (1): This wise leader has disguised himself among the villagers, pretending to be a simple ordinary citizen. Experience has made him much wiser, however. Each night, he can examine a person and determine if they are a villager or a mafian.

Defender (1): This villager’s reflexes have been trained to their fullest extent. Each night, he can choose someone else to defend. If the mafia attacks the player being defended that night, they will not die.

Vigilante (1): Not quite trusting only in the group decisions, this villager has taken it upon themselves to determine who is suspicious enough to warrant death, and will carry it out themself. Armed with only a stolen elemental blaster, this villager only has six shots to wipe out the Cultists himself.

SECRET ROLE: ???

==RULES==

1. All general TTV rules
  2. Don’t betray your side, please. We had a ton of problems with this elsewhere…and games legitimately got ruined because people betrayed their team out of spite.
  3. When you cast a vote for someone, if you decide you’d rather vote for someone else, you can do so twice. All voting must be done by posting in topic, and making it very clear who you are voting for. If you do change your vote, please make it obvious who you are changing it TO and FROM. It will not count if you do not list both of these things.

==PLAYER LIST==

1. @Political_Slime
  2. @Oonie
  3. @Marendex_T17
  4. @Looch
  5. @ColdGoldLazarus
  6. @Helryx08
  7. @EvilLobsterKing
  8. @FreeLanceVelika
  9. @Waj
  10. @GIF.Man.Ben
  11. @Winterstorm345
  12. @Kopeke_Nuva
  13. @Middlefingerstudios
  14. @Takua
  15. @helryx
  16. @DG_Eddie
  17. @Whaddon
  18. @Plural
  19. @HK-47
  20. @Hawkflight
  21. @TheRed1s
  22. @PekekoaOfJungle
  23. @Vyran_Kal
  24. @Ekorak
  25. @MavezIgnikari
  26. @Rac
  27. @21sselliW
  28. @Booster_Gold
  29. @TBT_Emerald
  30. @ToaVoriki
    More seats available, sign-ups end 10:00pm EST Friday, January 29st.
12 Likes

I’d like to sign up for this, kind sir. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m in.

5 Likes

If I could, perhaps, be included in this fine game, that would be most appreciated.

6 Likes

I want to forget, but I never will.

Sign me up

5 Likes

I’d like to join!

4 Likes

I would love to join but school and other commitments are taking up too much of my time. :confused: Glad to see it back though and I hope it goes well!

6 Likes

I’d like to join.

5 Likes

Sign me up.
Please?

3 Likes

Yeah sure I’ll sign up.

4 Likes

Y’all have been added to the list. :smile:

3 Likes

My First ever Mafia game.
I can’t wait…

2 Likes

Time to bust out the spreadsheets

5 Likes

YES! It’s back!

Sign me up, Ranaki :smile:

4 Likes

It has been done.

I’m really looking forward to this!

3 Likes

May i join to kind fellow. I’m completely new to this kind of game so i maybe the first to die. not that i want to though.

3 Likes

Sure thing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Could you say that…

6 Likes

As am I.

This gon’ be gud :smile:.

5 Likes

Sign me up please

3 Likes