Okoto's architecture

We have Okoto’s written language topic so why not Okoto’s architecture?

I personaly noticed Okotoan symbols on the sides and glowing elements, the build looks like something very modern, not old bionicle’s tribal style. You can discuss and also post pics of other non-destroyed buildings.

17 Likes

the buildings feel like a glorious European church- thing to me, though I guess it is modern

1 Like

The Buildings are defiantly unique. I like how the buildings are shaped what to resemble what they are for.

5 Likes

All the buildings look interesting just kind of generic and a bit boring. :frowning:

1 Like

Let’s not forget houses.

Seems like they dig the whole “build mushrooms on whatever you can find” style.

18 Likes

Pretty funny :smiley:
But houses seem to be quite comfortable, with those familiar lights.
sigh home, sweet home…

4 Likes

Yes the Architecture here is quite advanced, almost like a melding between what we saw on Mata Nui and Metru Nui. It has the advancements of the Metru city, but has the simplicity and fits into the land like on Mata Nui.

5 Likes

The architecture manages to look advanced, but ancient at the same time. I really like it. Also, the houses remind me of some of Faber’s Metru Nui concept art.

2 Likes

Temple of Time is like Amaja-Nui (Place where Turaga meet each other), And whole ancient city is like Kini-Nui.
Also does anyone know if ancient city is right in the center of island?

1 Like

All I have to say is, “If it ain’t baroque, fix it.”

5 Likes

Reminds me of the Incas and the Mayans who, despite being isolated from the civilizations and cultures of the east, had some pretty advanced architecture.

1 Like

Also Sumer is something like that…

It definitely has that american feel. I would say it has some Egyptian in it as well.
Also the Villager huts still retain that Mata Nui village feel we all know from MNOG (if you look at those houses you will see that they are similarly domed)

4 Likes

The big buildings definitely seem to have some Aztec influence. (Also, if you look at the ancient city in the Legend video, it resembles Machu Picchu a great deal.) The villagers’ huts look, as others have said, like a great blending of the tribal and modern. I would absolutely love to get some shots from their interiors, especially the Water ones.^

^(Footnote for off-topic: I was disappointed that we never really got to see much of Mahri Nui; seemed like it would have been utterly beautiful.)

3 Likes

eight hours and this thing only has one like

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THE REFERENCE

6 Likes

They’ve pretty much used the style of the ancient cultures.

I think they took inspiration from Tony Stark’s house when building theirs:

Mushrooms!

12 Likes

Well…
I get that there’s a reference…

1 Like

The seem more high tech, as many of you have said, yet they still are huts. Stacked ones. Like this.

7 Likes