Old Piano

I made this about 3 years ago. In retrospect It could’ve been better, but afterall, so could everything I make :^)

76 Likes

Nice use of parts, especially for the black keys :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess, but honestly it looks fine as is. I especially like this use of those clip pieces for the piano keys.

The only thing I’d say is to use 1x1 white tiles instead of 1x2 to make it look more like piano keys (that said if this is still assembled.)

2 Likes

I agree, and I probably would do that if i had the pieces/could be bothered ordering them from bricklink :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Does it open like an actual grand piano? Even if it doesn’t the use of the clips for keys is cool, and it the use of the smooth pieces make it seem really finished.

1 Like

Nah unfortunately not, its actually a really simple build, just a bunch of layered plates mostly

2 Likes

Kind of sucks that it can’t open up, but the design of the keys is still pretty cool

1 Like

What a grand piano.

2 Likes

Reusing old techniques in a newish piece. Not bad but I agree with @Cocoa

2 Likes

Impressive. The shaping and parts usage here makes for a piece that holds up even three years later.

1 Like

It looks pretty cute! Is it to scale with a normal minifigure?

1 Like

Kinda, its not really even to scale with itself hahaha, technically this moc would have 31 keys on it which is about a 3rd of that of an actual grand piano

1 Like

would it be possible to have a open “lid”?

That’s a grand piano, they’re still in production. Nothing old about it, a old design is the up-right piano.

1 Like

Doesn’t mean that a grand piano can’t be old. They’ve still been around for quite some time

It’s an old design that still works today.

Anyways, the moc is pretty great. Really wish it’d open up

1 Like

Could you add a matoran\other figure trying to play it?

1 Like

So do I tbh, might do some work on it at some point, who knows

1 Like

This piano is indeed quite grand. Thanks to google, there’s an ad for a old piano collection right under this post.

2 Likes