Old Rock

I couldn’t find anything for classic rock so here we go. I really like Johnny cash right now. Has one of the greatest voices ever imo

1 Like

But Johnny Cash is country.

2 Likes

Country rock

That, my friend, is very vague because in that case you’re talking specifically about rock from the 50s because by the early 60s stuff like The Beatles was what was popular in rock and everyone was definitely shifting away from the mix of country in rock. : p

I mean I do like some 50s rock, been meaning to hear some more. But Ritchie Valens and Buddy Holly both got some good stuff (RIP both of them).

1 Like

I don’t have a whole lot to say about Classic Rock. It’s good, it’s basically all that’s on my local rock radio station.

4 Likes

I’m a fan of Bill Haley and the Comets.

Chuck. Berry. I’m not sure if it gets more classic rock than that.

I might be wrong about that, but honestly, just about everyone started off with Chuck Berry covers. The Beetles started with Chuck Berry covers, the Stones started with Chuck Berry covers, Bowie’s done Chuck Berry covers, Hendrix has done Chuck Berry covers, the list just goes on and on.

In my opinion, the best sounds to ever be made by a guitar is Hendrix’s cover of Johnny B Goode.

2 Likes

Recently heard some by Hendrix, billy Joel (besides piano man), Bruce Springsteen, bob seger, and rush that I really enjoy.