Onar - Toa of Earth and Hunger

I finally finished updating my self-moc, Toa Onar.
Once an Onu-Matoran archaeologist, Onar became the Toa of Earth after the disappearance of the Toa Sholdai. During a final battle with Makuta, Toa Onar fell into a pool of Energized Protodermis with a vorahk. As a result, Onar emerged a changed - and mutated - Toa, now having the element of Hunger at his disposal.

With Hunger, Onar is able to drain a target of their strength and power using his the blades in his forearms and redistribute that power or energy to other beings or himself. Also as a result of falling into Energized Protodermis, Onar also is able to communicate with rahkshi as well as influence some to work with him.

As a Toa of Earth, Onar is able to control the element of Earth and has above average darkvision, but his eyes are sensitive to light. As such, Onar wears a visor behind his helmet to lessen the brightness of some lights (think of transitions lenses) but is still susceptible to flashes of light, and abrupt changes in lighting. He carries twin hand axes as his main weapons as his Toa tools, twin warpicks that double as pickaxes, mount to his back as secondary weapons. As a last resort, the absorption blades can be deployed from his forearms.

He wears the Kanohi Volitak Mask of Stealth. Initially he would use it to do recon or execute missions that require stealth, but now he uses it to ensure he stays hidden from the Matoran of the island, becoming a sort of urban legend on the island akin to Bigfoot.

Here is how Toa Onar looked 4 years ago for comparison

I kept the torso and head the same but really wanted more unique limbs that also communicated more of the rahkshi integration.

Previous to that he was quite ccbs heavy:

And before G2 he was pretty much a KylerNuva (i think) inspired build

And even before that, in, I think 2006, he looked like this:
oldnar
Thanks to Mocpages going down, this is the only picture I have of this version. I’m sure somewhere hiding on a drive are more images, but oh well…

12 Likes