One Piece Discussion

Since I’m currently addicted to One Piece, and there’s no topic for this yet, why not discuss it? If you’re going to post spoilers please use [spoiler] [ /spoiler]. (BTW I’m on ep. 430, aka Impel Down )

1 Like

AW YEAH, I LOVE ONE PIECE

I’ve followed the show since I was a very young kid and my love for it has persisted to this day, I love its quirky style and very involved plot, as well as its ability to still have very impactful and serious moments among the insanity. It’s a great show.

-Mesonak

7 Likes

HOW HAS THIS TOPIC NOT EXISISTED YET?!

Ahem, yes, I love One Peice. I’m on episode 523 During the crew’s voyage to fishman island

In case if you’re wondering my faveorite story ark is Water seven/Impel Down.

It seemed interesting at first, but it became clear the kind of show this is. The whole series suffers from the same problems many shone.

-Too much talking during fights.

-Tragic flashback stories, that often become predictable.

-Pacing in general sucks. Often there’ll be episodes that barely move the story forwards at all (Usually because a character won’t shutup telling us either information we already know or information that could be more easily told in a different way).

-Protagonist is kind of dumb and likes food, but fights for his nakuma, (who in this case don’t really build very meaningful relationships)

This “style” became obnoxious quickly. The comedy was funny at first but becomes old quickly. The strangeness seems pointless. It’s as if the show thinks I’m a 4 year old that laughs at what ever random thing pops onto the screen.The other side of it comes from the crew interactions which often make their relationships less believable, since these people act like jerks to each other.

Plot… well there barely is one. it’s more like OP goes over to it for a bit and then leaves it for a while. When we are brought to it it’s nothing amazing. I do like the idea of pirates fighting agains the world government, but this seems more like a sideshow to the antics of the show.

There are some genuine moments in the show, but they’re often ruined or held back due to all the problems I’ve already stated.

One Piece: 6.6/10

1 Like

Well that’s your typical shōnen anime like DBZ, Fairy tail, Bleach, Naruto, etc. I still like one piece but there are some arcs that I don’t like but it’s still a pretty good show.

1 Like

And typical is boring and often not worth too much of my time.

It’s a show that “gets better after fifty episodes” and I don’t want to commit to such a time sink.

0/10 too long

1 Like

This train has no brakes

1 Like

Water 7?

1 Like

The Manga is the best. I need get caught up though because Shonen Jump copped out in 2012 and went digital. I refuse to read Shonen Jump Alpha.

God, can you guys imagine 4Kids trying to do the Impel Down arc? An Absolutley horrifiying thought.

1 Like

I never really watched anime in the past.
But all my friends do.
This summer I plan on binging all the episodes.
I am prepared for a headache.

i watch one piece ! , i think its alright though ,I do prefer other anime over this though , like bleach and sword art online

RIP physical copies :astonished:

1 Like

I don’t watch one piece and all my friends say it’s too hard to get into.

Try watching it up to ep. 130, End of Alabasta arc , and see if you want to continue from there

130!
That’s a LOT of episodes.

That’s the end of the first REALLY good arc

there’s 600+ last I checked, maybe it’s 700 by now, and the manga and anime see no end to the series I think

Oh goodness. That’s SO much