Onua GWP MOC Contest Entry: Makuta Teridax

I mean, it IS the villain contest.
This guy was obviously gonna be there.

Now, yes, I might be a BIT early, but it’s been 12:00 AM EST march 29th, everything’s fair game now.

I wanted to experiment with what a titan set in the gwp style could be like, so I used some larger ball joint connections, mainly in the legs.

Pearl Dark Gray isn’t a color used in modern lego that much anymore, but I was able to include it due to a special item used to decorate gwp styled builds a lot: the ingot. The ingot still exists in Pearl Dark Gray, so I made sure to include it in the build.

Now let’s take a closer look at that mask!

As you can see, it can still rotate to show the other side of the mask. The mask of shadows is even attached in the same way it was on the original set!
I did make the eyes of the other face not have color though, as I thought that might distract from the main face.

(comparison of makooti the bionic man next to some other bionic men)

Makuta is a wee bit bigger than a toa, probably even bigger than in the comparison image because I don’t think anyone displays gwp tahu with his legs fully straight.

Anyhow, if you want to build this moc, the wanted list, decorated instructions (I really like making those) and decals are in the drive folder! The wanted list contains every piece used in this, aside from the decals. Both decals were, this time, fully made by me and me alone.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1urXmpJOttIrbwmkVrLd0l8kR9ZAUs6rq?usp=sharing

This post is part of a contest. You can vote by liking the post.

50 Likes

Dude you did a great job with this. I love the recreation of the Avohkii hands

6 Likes

Thanks!

6 Likes

looks amazing now all we need is Takanuva for a good old fashioned game of kohli

5 Likes

clever way to do his head, great overall build

4 Likes

His head was a nightmare to design in the gwp style

3 Likes

This turned out awesome!

3 Likes

Good, very good Teridax. I like it. Good thinking to use the bigger ball joints for his legs. That head does look painstaking to have made, especially keeping the double mask function.

3 Likes

The double mask function was actually really easy, it’s more the general shape of the mask. Might have been easier if I had been able to shoot icy blasts from my claws.

4 Likes

How did this not win 2nd place?

3 Likes

:imp:

how did it not win… 2nd?

the real answer is that it didn’t get enough votes in time, and that a lot of the contest entries saw a boost in likes after each of the contests ended. it’s definitely a very nice moc.

4 Likes