Onua, Might of the Earth

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

I had picked up the set recently and decided I wanted to redo it the way my nostalgia saw it. He’s a little too beef to pose well but I’m very happy with the result.

Edit: completely forgot to add the rest of the album in, including some shots of his torso construction link here

37 Likes

Love what you did with this one! It’s a good upgrade from the original set.

2 Likes

I love how you added those purple CCBS plates in order to match the color scheme on the chest’s stickers!

2 Likes

Thanks but those plates were already present on the original figure.

Nice, I like the bulky build, you put it together well without making it look cluttered.

1 Like

While I am envious of the number of little parts drawers you have, he’d look much better on a white background.

He’s definitely looking better and more filled in, especially in the area immediately beneath the chest plate and around the back of the hammer (and the hands, but I’m hardly going to complain when someone uses my hand design am I? :stuck_out_tongue:) , though I can’t help but feel like a lot of details are just there for the sake of having extra detail. Smoother tyres and smoother patterns would look much better in my eyes.

1 Like

Thanks, I do have a white box but i rushed to take pictures of this and didn’t use it, it’s covered in boxes, I’ll use it for the other Toa when I post them.

And well yeah, a lot of those details are there just to either fill space or to be small details, mostly just the golden pieces in the thighs, and with the tires, eh I like the offset design, in my mind tires are sorta like muscle fibers, the organic parts of them, so i don’t really mind either way smooth or offset, as long as it’s consistent on the .

Thanks for the CC and, you’re that old in the community that you invented those hands?

1 Like

Well, yeah. Been going since 2007. You can thank Shadowgear6335 for the tap thumb though. When I first used those hands, they had a lightsaber rod going all the way through to attach the thumb instead. I’m not totally convinced, but everyone calls them Gringat hands, and I’ve yet to see an older MOC than mine with them.

1 Like

Dang, funny that something that seems so natural as using the tap (it even that pneumatic T piece) took a bit.
I guess thanks for the contribution to society, mankind would have never achieved such great feats without that design.

This is a great revamp! 9/10!

1 Like

I love the proportions, and the armor pieces leading up to the breastplate work very nicely, a great revamp!

1 Like