Oomatu Art: Motari Desert and Mesaback Village

67 Likes

Awesome as always, Oomatu!

Looks really cool, though I must ask, What type of architecture is this one based off?

Some aspects look similar to Arabian, but with sails and sticks. Looks like a neat combo, though!

3 Likes

It’s a mix of a bunch of things. A little Geonosian, Persian, Sanghili, and Meso American.

4 Likes

Wow nice work👍 I’m loving the architecture, and I can see you gave Pohatu a bo staff👌

…and stones

I’m starting to notice a trend of villages being placed inside or next to cliffs and mountains. Not that that’s bad though, it’s still fantastic artwork, I just think it leaves a bit to be desired in terms of diversity between the villages.

Awesome!

Like @Genericon said, it would be cool to see some villages that aren’t built into the mountains (even tho villages in mountains are cool). What about a (nomadic?) village built in the desert?

Haha.

I like the temple or whatever Pohatu’s in, and the Mahi-Mahi design is really cool.

Oh, how cool is that! You´re one of the best artists in the entire Message Boards.

Glorious stuff.

Keep it up

Well Ga-Koro is migatory, Ko-Koro is built on snow drifts, and Onu-Koro isn’t exactly on a cliff.

1 Like

I enjoy the style of architecture, it has an Arabic feel to it that works, and the addition of the sails add a great deal of uniquity. The orange crystals also serve as a nice contrast.

Fair enough.

Also, keep in mind that not all of these are “modern” structures. Onu and Le Koros are constructed near or around ancient ruins, which is not fully represented in my art. In contrast, Ta and Po Koros are actively constructed cities, shirking some of the more tribal aspects found in other villages.

2 Likes

Oomatu?

Could you consider a highly technological advanced cities from long ago.

Aka the ruins?

Ono-koro is the obvious exception to all this. However, Ko-koro is built in front of a large glacier. Granted it’s not built _into _ the glacier like Po-koro and Le-Koro, but the grand majority of these villages are either built into or in front of large mountain/hill-like terrain.

Noted. I do imagine other villages on the flatlands and expanses, but not with the sheer scale and security of the capital cities. Adverse terrain make settlements much easier to defend, which would go to explain why they could grow to support large populaces. Now, whether the ancient builders warred amongst themselves or rahi proved more troublesome in the past, I do not know, but if so it would go to explain why the ancient cities were constructed so.

2 Likes

loving the art, but for some reason I’ve fallen in love with Pohatu having a simple staff.
IT JUST WORKS SO NICELY I WUV IT :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Really nice artwork.
I love your style of drawing.

BEATIFULL!!! I love it <3