Oomatu Art: Rahkshii, Makuta, and Nautali Pitch

if makuta is a sort of clone, yet with the same mind and personality as the original, would he be able to continue cloning himself? or would that drive him mad since they would all have the same mind, only stretched.

man i’m loving this idea of makuta being reborn/clone!

what did I nitpick?

I replied to each of his points separately, like what I’m doing right now, I’m not splicing sentences I’m keeping my points orderly. Do you want me to not quote the specific parts of his post as I’m replying to them? (unfortunately the mobile site is buggy right now so I can’t quote posts on mobile, normally I would have been quoting specific things this whole time.)

And I’m merely giving my opinion on it and discussing with others, is discussing differing opinions not allowed in your topics?

So what colors do give off a harmful look? Are you saying that every blue villain in bionicle looks friendly to you? Because they don’t. Anyways… right above the eyes is a sharp downwards slope that looks somewhat sinister. This guy isn’t completely evil either. He’s a God.

Sorry oomy, this is my last argument here

black/dark gray, red, purple, green, darker shades of colors, and neon green works, baby blue doesn’t come across as threatening because it’s a soft cool color, makuta has always been on the warmer side of the color spectrum.

well, the only light blue villain I can think of is takadox, and he was spindly and unnerving in his build and face, he also had a lot of dark blue in addition to the light.

to me the eyes are more mystical and mysterious than sinister.

I mean,

I’m not saying he’s entirely evil, but I think in this context he should appear less sagely and more god-king.

Fair enough

2 Likes

Cryoshell
subtle
i love all of this

1 Like

To I really need to say this is amazing?

1 Like

The Cryoshells are the best thing I’ve ever seen.
Inside of them, does gravity hurt?

3 Likes

I think the whole mask of Time starting point should be shelved and saved for later, and the object of focus should be, like, some other legendary mask, like maybe Light, Life, Creation, or something new entirely.

I mean, they’re starting out with something that is a gateway for time travel and paradox plots, yet no time travel nor paradoxes will be used, and yet SOMEHOW the Mask of TIME turns the Matoran into Toa? Aging young Matoran into old matoran, I can see, but technically Toa are an entirely different species, so how does any of that work-??

I mean at least Life or Creation could feasibly alter their bodies and abilities, and even Light has actually been shown to transform a matoran into a Toa; but TIME???

I’m sorry to ramble like this when you really have no control over it, but but the whole reason they [TTV] chose to avoid time travel and timeline paradoxes was so to avoid confusion; yet I’m getting an aneurysm trying to figure out how what they ARE doing works! [Also, for what its worth, year two is too early to start a civil war, as we don’t know nearly enough of the characters yet for it to make a meaningful enough impact]

Hey @Oomatu

What about having a moaka having a peice of the mask of time?
Time travelling Moaka joke.
Anyway

Great job.

4 Likes

@Zcee, I would be funny if Kopaka found the spot where the fragment should be, but it was missing. Then using his mask he sees that a Moaka ate it. Then he has to fight it to get the piece back.

3 Likes

You’ve put a lot of this already up on the Patreon chat, and I’ve really enjoyed almost all of it. The designs for the characters are stellar. The only thing that I’m not really on board with are the Nautali/Cryoshells - it’s a neat idea, but it ultimately won’t be making their way into canon.

Not really

It doesn’t.[quote=“TrotterNuva, post:29, topic:36653”]
but the whole reason they [TTV] chose to avoid time travel and timeline paradoxes was so to avoid confusion; yet I’m getting an aneurysm trying to figure out how what they ARE doing works!
[/quote]

It’s not to directly avoid confusion, it’s more to avoid plotholes. Without consistent time travel rules, plotholes run abundant.

I would say that you don’t know enough of the characters yet because we haven’t actually pitched any of them, not because of where the year takes place in the story.

I guess we are now gonna have alot of “Where does baby matorans come from” moments…

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Jon . I remember our discussion about the Nautali on the Discord Server, but I felt I should still put it out in the open for everyone else to see. Understandably, the Nautali seems a little odd in the Bionicle universe, that is something I can agree to. Still, from a perspective, they serve as a two-bird-one-stone scenario. On one hand, there is still no canon explanation for how matoran propagate; and on the other, how Makuta is ‘revived’ from a previously incapacitated state. If nothing else, hopefully I can move the discussion in a meaningful way.

We obviously aren’t going to embellish it at all, but a general rule of thumb is that the Matoran are essentially humans with mechanical enhancements and appearance - and of course, the elemental powers.

So… Makuta pulls a Jesus and go… “You are pregnat now … bwahahahahha.”

Unless one the rakshi is female or just spits him out this is gonna be so wrong…

Who is Makutas mother?!?!?
can He just manifest himself??
Does He just take over this poor Matoran…???
who is the father How does this Work???
Am I The only artist here who is being ignored?!?!?
I got so many questions!!!

Maybe his soul is implanted into a grown body of a matoran.

I would like that Like The toas memories is passed on. Makua himself is only manifested as a Mask.

and whoever wear that mask would become Makuta.

1 Like

Don’t worry I actually really love the design, if he was the big black and red villain then it’d feel like a G1 rehash, a look that makes him look like someone who would try to trick you in trusting him so he could get what he wants

1 Like

My thought’s exactly. If Makuta isn’t inherently evil, why should he look so. I wanted my design to look manipulative and unsettling… but not outright evil.

2 Likes