Orde, The male Toa of Psionics

Hello, everyone.
Hagah contest voting 2nd round was over
Hagah Contest was my first contest.
I’m looking forward to upcoming contest.

anyway I completed my orde.
Well, it doesn’t look good enough yet, but… I think this concept will continue!

Yes, surprisingly, he is medium blue.

I haven’t seen a medium blue first colored toa yet.
And for some reason, I decided to use this color.

You can the whole picture of him.
Maybe you remind of other toa you’ve seen somewhere.

can you see this?
Yes, he looks like Metru.
But medium blue Metru Torso doesn’t exist

I realized how to make a torso that looks similar to a metru torso using slizer head.

This was the opportunity for me to make Orde.

Do you remember Helryx’s Canon design?

Yes, she has a similar design to Toa Mata, and used the Roborider Head part, lego products line-up of that existed before the Bionicle.

Based on this,

What if he’s a prototype of the Metru Like Build?

so, I decided to make him look like Metru build.

the reason he is medium blue
because blue slizer head does not exist,
Also I didn’t want to remind of Helryx.

I used the same arm as Toa Mata’s to make it feel like his arm belonged to early Toa.
Sadly, his upper arm has a limited range of motion, just like Metru

When you look at his back, maybe you remind of another toa.

Yeah, Krakua had metru foot on his back.

As much as he was an prototype, i wanted to he has variety of elements of many Toa type

I gave him a buckler as one of his toa tools.

like Helryx had a shield, I wanted to give him a small shield that wasn’t too big but useful for combat.

The other one is a sword.
Yes Medium Blue Fire Sword
I’d like to name it Psionic Wave Sword.

What I chose to do is…
Because since Toa Mata set, I haven’t seen toa with their first color weapon

I’ve always liked Toa Mata, so I wanted to give him something similar.

========================================================

Captain MU

Think! Chiara, THINK

Yeah, I know it’s out of fashion, but…I wanted to try this.

“But I was, let’s say, a little too … aggressive in using my powers. I had a temper then. A short fuse plus psionics leads to bad things … sometimes very bad things.”

For those who know great beings, what fate will come to them?

55 Likes

I love the flat dark gold medium blue combo, but I think you should make the right shoulder the same as the left shoulder.

3 Likes

Medium blue Orde. Very nice, I like it.

What I like more is how you blended Helryx, the Mata builds and the Metru builds together. He feels like a natural evolution of the Toa design.

The one thing I’m iffy about is the mask choice. Personally I probably would’ve gone with a medium blue Turaga mask, if we’re going full purist here. I just feel like the medium blue Pakari has been used a lot no? Then again, strength could be a useful power for a Psionic Toa. I’ve always imagined them as physically weaker than their Toa brethren. But that’s likely a debate for another time and place.

Pakari or not, I like this a lot! Probably my favorite Orde so far.

5 Likes

I really like the MOC, except for the exposed shoulder socket and skinny arms.

3 Likes

This is a very good version of orde, I’m really digging the light blue! Great torso design it really imitates the metru torso, Greta job can’t wait to see how this build goes

2 Likes

Very Nice Colorings!
I like the asymmetry armor design also! :grinning: :grinning: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

And I’m so glad you used structure of my version’s Helryx, thank you!

4 Likes

Actually, I think it’s a more suitable color for varian than orde lol

and yes, I referred to your Helryx hip and knee structure when I made my Helryx. Much better to see!

4 Likes

The torso design caught my attention, so I tried to do this myself. The frame of the torso seems to be a simple “T” made of technic liftarms and the throwbot heads seem to be just hanging off a number four angle connector, connected to nothing. I modified the design so the heads are connected to the frame.

7 Likes

Amazing job creating a faux Metru torso! However, my one complaint is that the arms are too skinny and the shoulder socket is exposed.

Overall, nice MOC!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty much same, but your method might be better, because my method doesn’t allow me to use Metru lower body.

Thank you!
His arm and shoulder, I wanted to express that he’s prototype, so hasn’t been trimmed yet.

4 Likes

How do you disassemble this little setup right here? It looks like you can’t take out the rubber liftarm or push out the axle at all.

In any case, this is a really neat take on a Toa of Psionics. My only beef, aside from his right shoulder (which I assume is incomplete?) is that his arms feel really skinny and simple compared to the rest of him, and they don’t quite feel like they fit. Everything else is superb.

5 Likes

You could probably stretch the rubber piece to expose the axle on the other side and push it out.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s why I used rubber parts.

4 Likes

Very cool torso, legs ok but they look kinda unfinished, arms are… well certainly not good.

1 Like

I think this works well as a transitionary build from Mata to Metru… I like it

1 Like

Definitely love the torso, the shape is perfect!

2 Likes

That torso’s a genius design.

4 Likes

mind handing out the stud.io file for this? I can’t figure out how those bricks or the neck are connected

3 Likes

This looks like a 1x1 brick with four side studs:

Part 4733

3 Likes

I have to say, the torso design had me fooled. At first glance I thought you 3d printed a metru torso in that color, but when I got a closer look my mind was blown. It’s a very clever and cool build, and I really like the dedication to the medium blue color.

3 Likes