Otu, the Infected Villager

An earth region miner who many years ago accidentally came into contact with a volatile, mutagenic crystal, which warped and disfigured one side of his body. Luckily, Otu was not fully affected by the mineral, and continues to live a mostly normal - if not aggravated - life.

Otu’s gear mechanism swings his left shoulder back and forth, allowing you to punch things with his mutated arm.

57 Likes

Groovy MOC man.
I really like this guy. I like his gear mechanism, and his over all look.

1 Like

Nice work. I like the trans orange arm pieces, they give a cool look.

1 Like

You managed to convey aysymmetry incredibly well here, it feels so cohesive. Nice job!

1 Like

This looks amazing, the one complaint I have is the bright red on the back

1 Like

The only complaint I have is that the infected leg seems a bit too long. You could fix that by making the normal one longer.

1 Like

That’s a schnazzy function.

1 Like

The function caught me off guard, again really small and yet you make it so good.

2 Likes

That’s really legit I like how it all flows together.

2 Likes

I Love this little thing it looks pretty good and it has a function so props to you.

1 Like

This looks really great. I like how you managed to integrate the gearbox into the build

2 Likes

I really love the trans orange and the gearbox

2 Likes

Saw it on tumblr. It’s pretty cool. The red clown nose on the gear is unecessary though. Reminds me of one of Jang’s MOCs “Ruze”

3 Likes

Lego needs to have a look at this guy, take some notes and rethink quake beast

6 Likes

I really like this

Coolio

1 Like

interesting…

the photography is great.

2 Likes

I got to say this looks great.
Really conveys the “infected” vibe.

1 Like

This is really cool. I like how you incorporated the Quake Beast function into such a small creation.

1 Like

This is pretty cool. I really like Otu’s function and the infected/normal balance. Very good MOC overall. The only nitpick I have is that the proportions on the infected side, specifically his infected leg, look like they limit pose-ability by having to always be 90 degrees in order to maintain equilibrium with Otu’s right leg.
But like I said, it’s a nitpick.
Great job bro!

Yeah, I have no more “thumbs_up” anime pictures, sorry

3 Likes

Cool, I always loved the way the trans neon orange Lego pieces looked. :smile:

1 Like