Overlapping Site Elements

Most of the folks on classic seem to be on classic to avoid the brightness. It’d be interesting if one day there was a proper dark mode for the site…

3 Likes

While modern mode fixes most of the issues, the “build poll” interface still disappears behind the create topic/reply window.

The notifications and hamburger menu also do the same.

4 Likes

quick question, what is a hamburger menu

5 Likes

I switched to modern, and let me say, my retinas burn, I really do prefer the darker environment of classic.
I also was still having some mild issues:

On Desktop

Im getting the same issue with both “build poll” and when you try to delete a topic your creating.

when creating a message, “build poll” still overlaps, though to a lesser degree, while the delete message is perfectly fine.
(This was done in firefox on a windows device. I also use a linux computer regularly, but the issues have been mostly consistent across the two)

On Mobile

On mobile (firefox on android), I no longer had the strange issues with my notifications/profile sidebar, and was able to open the tags and category menus in creating a topic fine, since those were unusable previously. Creating messages worked as it did before with no problems. Some things were a bit wacky still when creating replies and topics, but Im pretty sure its my phone and not the website

2 Likes

The three lines next to your avatar in the top right.

6 Likes

:hamburger:

5 Likes

@Mesonak the new theme is great!

It’s so much easier on the eyes and it’s really modernized the site. The only issue is that a lot of the old icons have a very small resolution and are pretty outdated. Do you think you could change some of them so that all of the categories match?

4 Likes

Gonna be honest, I really hate it :goo:

but if other people like it then it makes it worth it

4 Likes

It seems like it even fixes the overlapping.

3 Likes

wh-
how dark theme

Edit: wait when did this get added? this is neat

2 Likes

I’ve been using this layout since Cordax revealed it to me, and have gotten to quite like it. The avatars next to posts no longer bounce around, the dark mode is cool, and I really like chocolate chip cookies. Overall a great improvement to the site.

1 Like