Overlord Velika

Hi everyone!

For the preliminary round of the Bio-Cup 2023, the theme is villain, and I decided to give it my all by building Overlord Velika, which I tried to visualize as the ultimate expression of G1 parts, with a bit of CCBS thrown in to the mix.

In my head-canon, Velika merges with the Energized Protodermis Entity to form the monstrous, four-armed titan you see. I completely depleted my Keetorange part reserves, but I think it turned out nicely. In terms of height, he’s roughly seven Bohrok tall, eight and a half if you include his energy harnessing appendages on his back.

I will post some more breakdown pictures in the near future, but for now, I hope you enjoy this entry shot! Please feel free to leave any critiques below.

29 Likes

nice use of the yellow, i like the head and the staff looks very good!

5 Likes

@Rhyla416 Thanks a lot! I haven’t seen the Telluris helmet used too much, which is surprising. Glad you like it, and appreciate the praise!

5 Likes

always cool to see a build primarily made from classic bionicle parts

7 Likes

It’s a great moc, though nothing about it really says “Velika” to me

I especially like the staff.

4 Likes

@Eilrach That was the goal of this build, to honor the classics!

@Willess12 A very fair point; I’ll admit I did a Mistika move on this build, putting an established name on a new build. For what it’s worth, though, I had this form be an augmentation of his original Glatorian-species body. Glad you like the staff, as it was very fun to design.

5 Likes

Lot of keetorange

4 Likes

@Kamoranova5 Indeed! I’m not exaggerating when I say I have probably less than 10 Keetorange pieces left.

4 Likes

In your collection or the world

4 Likes

@Kamoranova5 Hahaha! Many Keetongu gave their lives to make this guy happen.

3 Likes

you should actually count how many pieces came from keetongu

4 Likes

@Kamoranova5 by my count, roughly 64 pieces that only came in Keetongu (or at least BIONICLE, as I’m not sure what Technic sets have used keetorange), but I used 4 Keetongu’s worth of the Roborider heads!

3 Likes