Pacific Rim The Black

Place to discuss the animated series; Pacific Rim The Black.

Standard rules apply here.

Please use the spoiler command if referring to spoilers, thank you in advance.

7 Likes

I’m honestly exited for this show, as a huge Pacific Rim enjoyer

4 Likes

So I just finished the show and… I loved it! 9/10 would recommend you watch it if you have the time.

4 Likes

Hold up… Is it out? Like now?

Then sorry, I need to finish Neon Genesis Evangelion…
Oh boi this will he hard

3 Likes

Came out yesterday.

I wish you luck on your journey.

4 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

I legit thought this got axed, partly due to the second movie’s failure. I’m gonna have to check it out sometime.

4 Likes

Apparently not.

2 Likes

I started watching it and so far it’s pretty decent, but I really hate this trend of making CG animation with low frame-rate to imitate 2D animation. It just doesn’t work and never looks good.

5 Likes

I do have to agree, The jitteriness never ends up looking good.
Hopefully we’ll have a dragon prince situation for season two

4 Likes

I’ve only seen part of season 1 and hated the animation, what changed in season 2?

4 Likes

Yeah, they never get it right. There is this videogame studio that managed it called arc system works. Just look at their latest guilty gear game. It totally looks like actual anime while still being 3d. People should learn from them when they make 3d anime. (I know it’s a videogame but some principles used might still be useful)

3 Likes

It got a heck of a lot smoother.

4 Likes

Somehow this is why I avoid anime. They never seem to have smooth animation, except in the big budget shows.

1 Like

What do you even mean

The discussion was about the use of pieces of 3D animation in a 2D show and how jarring it looks because of their frame rates not lining up properly, which is a problem that exists in a lot of animation outside of anime as well

And staying on topic of this show, could it even be considered an anime in the first place? It was made by an American studio, the majority of staff working on it were from there as well and the main language it was released in was English…

3 Likes

All the anime shows I’ve seen ads for look like a Disney animated film, but slowed down just slightly too much. Then again, I have a distinct lack of experience in this genre, so I’m probably making a silly observation that isn’t accurate enough.

1 Like