Pacific Rim: Uprising

Spoiler free review on post 38

Ok so the new Pacific Rim Uprising Trailer just dropped and what can I say, I’m a massive fan of Pacific Rim, so let’s discuss the new trailer now that the movie a few months away from release. If you haven’t seen it the trailer is available here: Pacific Rim: Uprising

Uprising is the sequel to the decently performed, well acclaimed sci-fi movie Pacific Rim set 10 years after the conclusion of the first film in 2035, directed by Steven S. DeKnight but still produced by Guillermo Del Toro who directed the first and Starring John Boyega and Scott Eastwood, with some of the cast from the first film such as Charlie Day and Burn Gorman.

Infomation on the new jaegers can be found here: New Jaeger details

updated cast:
Do not read the cast lists on the wikis as they contains spoilers
John Boyega as Jake Pentecost
Scott Eastwood as Nate Lambert
Cailee Spaeny as Amara Namani
Rinko Kikuchi as Mako Mori
Charlie Day as Dr. Newton “Newt” Geiszler
Burn Gorman as Dr. Hermann Gottlieb
Jing Tian as Liwen Shao
Adria Arjona as Jules Reyes
Zhang Jin as Marshal Quan
Karan Brar as Suresh
Ivanna Sakhno as Vik
Mackenyu as Ryoichi
Shyrley Rodriguez as Renata
Levi Meaden as Ilya
Rahart Adams as Tahima Shaheen
Zhu Zhu as Juen
Nick E. Tarabay as Sonny

[Note: I made a seperate topic for this than the Pacific Rim topic because I feel the sequel warrants it, if it needs to be moved that’s fine, no problem]
[Edit: Added movie info]

5 Likes

I am definitely excited to see this movie. I liked the first one and I have a feeling I’ll like this one. Not too keen on the new Jaegers, but I think they’ll grow on me.

3 Likes

I never saw the first one, but it looked awesome and so does this.

1 Like

Nice to see Joh Boyega getting to actually use his real accent. I do wish Del Toro was directing this one though.

1 Like

I like the new weapons on the Jaegers but I don’t like that they don’t convey their size as well, the first did this well, I’m worried this one will make them seem too much like actors doing mocap.

1 Like

Saber Athena doesn’t really look that much like a mech, more like Power armour IMO

Bracer Phoenix looks much better however, and is one of the few where the Blue print really does the Jaeger justice

2 Likes

I agree with you on both counts, if they made Saber slightly smaller, it would be fine. I feel like gipsy looks fine and the most balanced between these two extremes.

I actually like the sleeker new designs, unrealistic though they may be.

2 Likes

So Pacific Rim 2 looks amazing. The new robot designs are awesome, what we’ve seen of the new kaiju looks promising, the premise seems pretty good, and by god if the movie is half as good as this trailer music, its sure to fantastic.

Also, my favorite of the new robot designs would have to be Titan Redeemer.

He’s like Bulkhead from Transformers Prime, but if he was a jaeger.

4 Likes

In the trailer, they gave his weapon to my favorite boy, Bracer Phoenix

1 Like

Good ol’ Bulkhead.

1 Like

That and he has Animated Bulkhead’s ability to launch his wrecking ball on a chain, which is awesome.

1 Like

I want to see how they use that feature in combat.

1 Like

Well by the looks of it, this guy is going to be the Cherno Alpha of the group. The heavy hitting bruiser. This thing has a giant wrecking ball made out of layered buzz saws, that is also a flail. Heads will roll, and I will be there to make Transformers references that very few people will understand.

1 Like

Hopefully Bracer will be a secondary tank, but yeah, Titan is the main.

1 Like

I think Bracer will be the general tank, and Titan will be the specialized tank.

1 Like

I’m seeing Bracer as the soaking up damage with heavier armor and doing harassment with the guns and Titan as just dealing devastating blows to everything.

1 Like

I loved Pacific Rim for what it was: a simple battle between giant robots and giant monsters. I want more like it.
I won’t shy from calling it a dumb action movie, but they did it so well.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, It’s a dumb movie but a fight between giant robots and giant monsters will still be awesome.

1 Like

So we’ve talked a lot about the new robot designs, but what does everyone think of the new kaiju from what we’ve seen so far?

1 Like