Pacific Rim

“Today, we are cancellin’ the apocalypse!”

Pacific Rim is a fantastic Kaiju/Mecha Tokusatsu film, directed by Guillermo del Toro, The plot revolves around a different earth, where humanity suffers from constant Kaiju attacks, originating from a dimensional rift. Humanity fights back using huge mechs, called Jaegers. Eventually, the Kaiju become more powerful and turn the tide of Earth’s struggle, resulting in financial cuts to the Jaeger program, crippling it. Worldwide, the film grossed over $400 Million, with a sequel confirmed for April 2017.

Discuss and such.

12 Likes

PACIFIC RIM IS GR8 M8

[quote=“BeefJStag, post:1, topic:12436”]
a sequel confirmed for April 2017.
[/quote]Oh?
I didn’t knew that.

2 Likes

######when’s Godzilla vs Pacific Rim!?

4 Likes

Loved this film. I can’t really go into much detail as I kinda explained why I like this movie in the “Favorite Sci Fi Movies” topic, though I’m still a fan.

I really wanna watch it. Is it on Netflix?

1 Like

Me and friend randomly sing the tune of theme song between classes or during them. It’s a good movie.

this was a great movie, loved the Russian tank Jaeger

1 Like

I did too, really stunk that it was destroyed.

1 Like

I’m watching it on DVD right now. Want to watch? lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Such a great, original film. Sure, it’s a tiny bit cheesy, but it’s really good!

Who cares about cheesieness? Awesome 90s robot dinosaur fights!

2 Likes

Pacific Rim is basically a 90-minute long Power Rangers megazord fight.

Waiting on that cartoon,
and since Konami f@©ked over Del Toro on PT, I wanna see Pacific Rim 2 happen even more

1 Like

Without a doubt has the very best theme song of any film.

1 Like

I enjoyed the movie and later found some cross-over art with the Wairuha and Akamai:

found this on Deviantart.

6 Likes

Pacific Rim was awesome. It might lack a bit in substance, as some critics suggest, but the fights were awesome. Bashing boats and chain swords and undeniably awesome.

I need to stop saying awesome.

1 Like

Everything is AWESOME!

As it’s honest trailer said.
“It’s either the dumbest awesome movie you’ve ever seen, or the most awesome dumb movie you’ve ever seen”

1 Like

It was alright - though the action and music got a bit repetitive. They need to change-up the locations of the battles, introduce more music and generally have a better plotline as the characters were bland and uninteresting.

Rotten Tomatoes Review:
“It may sport more style than substance, but Pacific Rim is a solid modern creature feature bolstered by fantastical imagery and an irresistible sense of fun.”

I thought the battles were great. Remember when they hit things? Best part.

1 Like